Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered SLK350, Iridium Silver, about five weeks ago, build date 3rd decade of April. My salesman told me at the time I would have to wait about 8-10 months if I wanted the SLK55.Wasn't really sure if I wanted to spend the extra money anyway. Today, I dropped the wife off shopping, and me and my son took a ride to another Mercedes dealership to see what they had in stock. No SLK's at all. Then he let me know they have an SLK55, Caspian Blue coming in next week that is available. The dealership where the 350 is ordered from was discounting the car about $1500 off of msrp, the dealer with the 55 will only sell at msrp. Now I have to decide, by tommorrow, whether or not to spend the extra $13,000. My wife now thinks I am totally crazy for even considering changing from the car I originally ordered.
I would like to hear from other people on this forum what they would do under the same circumstances.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
Caspian is a beautiful color. And it is available next week for MSRP? Any new AMG model in high demand at MSRP is a bargain. Screw the 350, sounds like your new car will be blue. While your wife may think you're nuts, I'm sure your son's got your back. Please post pics when you take delivery. [:D]

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
masmole - 5/1/2005 8:27 PM

Caspian is a beautiful color. And it is available next week for MSRP? Any new AMG model in high demand at MSRP is a bargain. Screw the 350, sounds like your new car will be blue. While your wife may think you're nuts, I'm sure your son's got your back. Please post pics when you take delivery. [:D]
I think this statement qualifies you as the voice in his head he ought to ignore but damn if that voice don't speak the truth! [:D] (to paraphrase a well known comic)

On a more serious note, here is my recommendation: Go for the 55 if you are sure you will be happy with it.
Take a look at the car once it comes in to make sure it has at least some of the options you had ordered on your 350 - when you are spending this much money, you should get what you really want.
Cheers!

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
SLK55 at MSRP is a really good deal. Dealer out here in LA was charging $10k-$25k premium on the Caspian Blue SLK55. I was like **** no. Got my SLK350 for $3500 under MSRP, but if I had the change to get a SLK55 for MSRP I'd totally do it. It's an amazing car.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Is the only difference in the two cars the horsepower or is the handling, etc. different? (Sorry I have not been paying attention to SLkK55 posts). I don't really need the extra horsepower which why I purchased the 350 fully loaded.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
If you can afford it, go for it! The 55 is quite a bit more powerful beast, and comes with nappa leather by default. Always nicer to have the extra comfort and stuff.

What other options has it got? Chime us in and maybe we can tell you if it's really worth it [:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the 350 with the following:
7 sp auto
Comfort
Lighting
Ent. with nav.
Heating
Premium
The 55 had most of those except airscarf
and nav.
My wife informed me that the $13,000 would
be much better spent going towards my kids
first year of college.
Just six more years, both kids out of college,
and then I can have a 55 parked in my garage.
For now, the SLK350 will do just fine.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
jetsfan901:

You are going to love it...speaking of a new car in your garage, to get you in the mood, watch this cheesy quicktime movie (quicktime for PC or Mac is free at apple.com):

https://home.comcast.net/~motzkoii/NewCar.mov

Enjoy...[:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK 55 born 03/05
58 Posts
You most certainly will enjoy your SLK and dream of what you could have had with the AMG version!

There is no comparison, cosmetics aside.

The question is always: Is the difference in power and handling worth the additional monies?

For me there was no comparison, and I got mine for $3000 below MSRP!

rorlan in Saint Petersburg.........................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts