Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to use the later style 300GD motor mounts to put the 617A into my 280GE. Trouble is, I'm staring at 400 Euro for the pair of forged aluminum "legs" that extend from teh engine block to the rubber mounts, if I have to buy new. I thought I'd ask here if anyone might have a set (one left, one right) available. You can see you have quite a bit of room to name a fairly handsome price and still save me some money vs the factory. The specific part numbers I'm after are:

616 223 18 04
and
616 223 19 04

If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it. Also, if anyone knows of a good source for used 300GD parts that I could make the same inquiry to, I'd give that a try as well.

Thanks!

-Dave

·
Registered
1981 240GD+, Alfa Brera 3,2 V6 Q4 2006, Alfa GT 3,2 V6.
221 Posts
Dave, are the engine mounts for the 240 GD and the 300 GD the same? I have a pair spare (second hand).

M.

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
I have a complete 300GD that I am willing to strip for you.
Send me a list of things you need from it and I will box them up and ship them for you.
There may be other things you will need like a different fan, alternator pulley etc let me know and I will send all I have.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most esteemed gentlemen,

Your generosity amazes me.

-M, Having heard of your adventures, I couldn't possibly take your only spare set of engine mounts. I think you might need them one day. [;)]

-rancher, let me do a little picking into what I might need to swap over. The motor I have to go in is complete with anciliaries, but I'll need to check with some experienced folks to see if the motor drops in as is, or if other 300GD parts need to be swapped in besides the motor mounts.

I'll be in touch off-list by week's end.

Thanks again, both of you.

-Dave

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hipine - 3/8/2005 11:19 PM

I'd like to use the later style 300GD motor mounts to put the 617A into my 280GE. Trouble is, I'm staring at 400 Euro for the pair of forged aluminum "legs" that extend from teh engine block to the rubber mounts, if I have to buy new.

Dave,

Your price above seems a little high.

The parts actually retail for:

A6162231804 $164.99 ea.
A6162231904 $174.79 ea.

If Rancher sells his used ones for a few quid and the shipping isn't too bad, then used mounts would definitely be the way to go.

-Sean P.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EuroTruck - 3/9/2005 10:20 AM
...Your price above seems a little high....
That's good to know Sean. I've been using the lookup at this page:
http://wwwsg.daimlerchrysler.com/Projects/wi/cda/etpl

and getting scarry prices (234 and 145 Euro for the parts mentioned).

I'm going to need a small pile of new MB parts to do the swap. Since your prices seem better than the DCAG list, and I'd like to "spend with a friend" as they say, would you be interested in handling the order for factory parts when I pull it together? We can talk off-list if you want to e-mail me. If you'd rather not, no worries.

Thanks for your help!
-Dave

·
Registered
573 Posts

Dave,

I'll be more than happy to help you.

FWIW, the prices listed at the above URL are not actual retail prices in Germany. The retail prices are lower than those shown at the above URL. The URL shows the prices that you'll pay if you purchase from the MB Classic Division. I've always found this very strange. At least it is a good way to verify if the actual part number is still good.

I get all of my pricing in realtime from the MB Star Network and this info is definitely accurate.

Hope I haven't stepped on any of the official advertiser's toes. [:I]

Thanks,

-Sean P.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EuroTruck - 3/9/2005 12:38 PM
....Hope I haven't stepped on any of the official advertiser's toes. [:I]...
Can't see how, at least in my case. Everything I need is G-specific. I do work with them (forum advertisers) wherever I can, but this stuff is all part numbers that come up blank on the advertisers' search engines.

I sure appreciate your help. I need to nail down exactly what I can get used, then I'll give you a shout for the new stuff.

Thanks again,

-Dave

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
I don,t know what it costs to ship to the states currently, because of the exchange rate most people I supply get things collected, that way they pay the dollar rate not the pound rate which is nearly $2-00 little things like mounts I can mail.
Havbing done a couple of these conversions in a RHD truck I would say its pretty straight forward in a LHD
On the second one I found it easier to find a HD clutch for the car fly wheel than a fly wheel of a 300 G
if you are going to use a 5 spd box get the bearings upgraded to take the extra torque and get your brakes upgraded, you will need them.
What do I want.... a beer when I call by when I am doing my tour of the states in a G in 07-08.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4x4rancher - 3/9/2005 3:05 PM
....I found it easier to find a HD clutch for the car fly wheel than a fly wheel of a 300 G...
I'm finding it qually difficult to find a flywheel for a 300D (normally aspirated OR turbo diesel) car here in the US. But I'm definitely pursuing all avenues.

What do I want.... a beer when I call by.....
Well you're certainly welcomed to that, regardless of when, where, or what you're driving. You have my info and if you come within a day's drive of Denver, I'm there.

-Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts