Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this board but...i have a problem, I guess someone here can tell me how big, I have a 99, CLK 430, when i got the car i was never able to use the keys to open the trunk, it wont even turn. I have to use the remote to open it. Any way my battery is dead.....I cant get into the trunk cuz the key dont work, *plus* my cousin locked the back seat from folding down....So i dont know what position im in right now! I cant get in the trunk at all to jump start the car. Is there anything i can do?

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG
40 Posts
locked trunk

I had the same problem. The trunk lock cylinder freezes up from non use. Try spraying some WD40 into the lock cylinder, then very gently turn the key side to side in the cylinder. It may not move much at first, just be PATIENT, after a few minutes things should loosen up and you will be able to open the lock. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b][i]Thanks...ill try that & see what happens...![/i][/b]...

Thanks...ill try that & see what happens...!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b]I tried everything that lock was not moving, the only thing that happened was my key go...

I tried everything that lock was not moving, the only thing that happened was my key got bent up,I spraid that stuff in the lock & damn near finished it.....the whole cylinder turned all the way around but didnt open it, Any way i had to do some Magyver S*#t to get it open...I had to jump to jumper cables together * cuz one wasnt long enough* then ground the cable one the car & the other on a screw driver then i pushed the screw driver on a fuse, then got a little power to open the trunk....then jumped it from there.

*Question though*

before i was able to get in to the trunk through the car, my cousin said he locked it,,,,,but how do i unlock it so i can get in the trunk through the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guy....I'm the first to answer your question after 4 1/2 years, and I say that if you still have that problem....you're definitely screwed!

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,476 Posts
Studly, so the situation was that you battery is in the trunk but dead, and you cant get at it to jump it? Why did you not just buy the jump leads that go into the cigar lighter from car to car? Or another way is to open the engine and connect raight to a positive connection (eg try the starter or alternator or any of the fuses? and then touch any part of the chasis to get you -ve ground)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts