Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300D
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from school today, and I come to a dog-leg intersection that I had to cross.....Crossing was unusually easy...but as I get across a Ford Windstar makeing a left...turned straight into my back door...Thank God my friend and I were ok...The guy owned the pork store up the block, and was a nice guy.....my father and I just spoke with him, and made it clear that he ran into me. I bring her for an estimate tomorrow...and we'll see from there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989w126
708 Posts
Some drivers can't drive !.

The door seems lost, but the rest, including 99,9% of the front door is only lightly damaged.
That is this kind of blue I would like my w123 to turn to.... some day.
I hope it is not some kind of this accident that will force me to do it.

Too bad for the money it is going to cost you though.

·
Registered
1982 300D
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, Im not paying for it, but I will be inconvinced for a few days, He said that the money isnt a problem, but he was concerned about us, and could care less for his van......to let you know, my color is 904.

·
Registered
1989w126
708 Posts
Thank you for the color code 904.
My interior is blue so that it will not be as nice as your original but I have always thought that the dark blue is just what goes well with chromes all over the place.

Actually I'm thinking about having NO more vertical chroming on the 4 doors. (the one that goes around the window) Leaving all the other chrome of the car get back to shiny life.

Well that is how I see it so may be some day....

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
Man, that sucks. Why can't people just learn to drive?

You were very fortunate that only that door was damaged. Chances are you are going to need a new (OE) door, 2 or 3 pieces of trim and a little paintwork.

Hopefully everything will get fixed as it should, that 300d is so nice.

Not to take anything away from the situation at hand, some dufus sat on my hood today, scratching the crome on my grill and adding TONS of scratches to the hood. Rant and a thread to follow :mad:

·
Registered
1982 300D
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thank you for your concern guys.....dont you just love people who sit on hoods...my hood sits a little low as it is, and the other night, My friends and I went for coffee, and these girls my friend braught....went outside apparently to have a cigarette (1st strike), and not to mention she was a baloon (2nd strike), and 3rd she made a comment about how my car is from 1904......Ok, I have an electronic tuning radio...thats from the 80's....well I caught her sitting on my hood. # strikes your out, and I was like, "what the hell is wrong with you! This isnt a honda civic.....LOOK WHAT YOU did to my hood."---> At that point I couldn't have cared less about what I said to her....

·
Registered
1989w126
708 Posts
123euroowner said:
....LOOK WHAT YOU did to my hood. ---> At that point I could have cared less about what I said to her....
Too bad the beginning of your story sounded like they are very good looking girls. Turns out they don't compare to a w123 hood FROM 1904 !!!

I strongly agree with you !

·
Registered
1982 300D
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes....id rather spend the afternoon shampooing my carpets with my own technique, wax the entire car almost 8 times, and go mudding with my 300D then ever have to subject myself or 123 to them again hahaha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts