Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A problem: Does your steering wheel gearshift control come with automatic transmissionl?

I just read the operator's manual and I found the SWGC comes with automatic transmission, but I did not foud that behind my steering wheel! Is that a mistake of dealer or anything else?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
RE: A problem: Does your steering wheel gearshift control come with automatic transmissionl?

Did you get the 7G gearbox?

In some countries, it seems like having the gear shift buttons on the back of the steering wheel is an option.

In Switzerland, you get it automatically WITH the 7G gearbox. You do not get them with the standard 6speed auto or manual.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
RE: A problem: Does your steering wheel gearshift control come with automatic transmissionl?

ms1111 - 1/28/2005 12:03 PM

I just read the operator's manual and I found the SWGC comes with automatic transmission, but I did not foud that behind my steering wheel! Is that a mistake of dealer or anything else?
ms1111:
Your car looks like mine in the little picture. I have auto, but not the shifter buttons because in the US, you have to order the AMG package for the SLK 350 to have the shift buttons...you can manually shift on the stick though...[:eek:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Motzkoman - 1/30/2005 1:44 PM

ms1111 - 1/28/2005 12:03 PM

ms1111:
Your car looks like mine in the little picture. I have auto, but not the shifter buttons because in the US, you have to order the AMG package for the SLK 350 to have the shift buttons...you can manually shift on the stick though...[:eek:)]
Motzkoman, Thank you so much! I just got a speedy ticket!!!! 93km for 368 CAD$!!! So boring!

·
Registered
SLK 350
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This is the website from MB Canada. It shows that 7-speed automatic comes with touch shift.
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=3972

·
Registered
'05 SLK350
67 Posts

Here in Australia you have to order "Steering wheel mounted gear shift buttons" (code 428) that will work with both the 5 and 7 speed auto's as an extra. Price AUD890!!!

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts

ms1111 - 1/28/2005 4:25 PM

This is the website from MB Canada. It shows that 7-speed automatic comes with touch shift.
I think the touch shift they refer to is tapping left on the stick to shift down, right to shift up...they don't mention the buttons. On the E-Brochure from MBUSA, the shifter buttons are listed as with the AMG package on auto trannies...[:eek:)]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 AMG
474 Posts

Its an extra you have to buy on the car in australia even with the 7 speed gearbox

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts

Motzkoman - 1/28/2005 8:27 PM

ms1111 - 1/28/2005 4:25 PM

I think the touch shift they refer to is tapping left on the stick to shift down, right to shift up...they don't mention the buttons. On the E-Brochure from MBUSA, the shifter buttons are listed as with the AMG package on auto trannies...[:eek:)]
Actually, this is the case for the AMG. Right button is for bringing up the gears, and left one for lowering them.

However, on the 200 or 350, each button can bring you up a gear, or bring you down. It depends if you pull or push at the button in the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts