Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300CD
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trouble shooting my AC system for weeks and getting no where. As I've stated in previous posts, a PO yanked out everything (hoses, belts, compressor, etc.) and just clipped any associated wires. I replaced everything and had it pressure tested and filled with freon, but still cannot get it to kick on.

As you probably know, the 1985 had a slightly different setup, mostly due to the introduction of the KLIMA. All of my troubleshooting leads me to believe that there is a problem with the circuit between the KLIMA, ACC, and pressure switch on the receiver/drier. This is probably due to me hooking up the wires incorrectly.

Here is my request: Could someone with a 1985 300D/CD/TD either take a couple pictures and post them here of the wiring and connections to the pressure switch on the receiver/drier...or, describe fully the wiring that connects to the pressure switch. The description could be as simple as: two blue wires come from the firewall, one connects to X and the other connects to Y. A brown wire comes from...etc. I don't really need to know where the wires originate (I think I have that figured out), I just need to know how they connect at the pressure switch.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
77 240D
993 Posts
good luck! but can't you find a schematic for the '85 setup? this is just the sort of addendum that service manuals are usually full of.

·
Registered
1983 300CD
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did a pretty exhaustive search online but came up empty. George Murphy told me that the 1985 info was only available to dealers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts