Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 e550
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys... been trying to read up and learn more about my car and i came across this forum. i must say you all are very knowledgeable and pass on some really good stuff that i'd be a fool not to read/listen. i see quite a few of you are in the area, so any advice would be very much appreciated.

with that said, i just got a 430 which was always a dream of mine. never thought i'd get one this soon, but fortunately i was able to and i absolutely love it. year 2000 in the black opal color with the oyster interior (i think it's called). granted, it's not in immaculate, mint condition, but i figure it's nothing some good ol' tlc won't fix. but there are a few things... for starters:

1) came with 18-inch monoblock amg rims but all 4 have major curb rash [:(] anyone know of a shop in the va/dc/md area that can recondition them? i found one shop that did it for $140/rim. should i even bother, or just get new ones instead?

2) the leather on the steering wheel is a lil worn which bugs me a bit. anyone know a good place to get one without paying dealer prices? how hard is it to change out? do i need that professionally done?

3) front bumper has all these paint chips from, i'm assuming, normal wear and driving. but they are alot... real little ones. anyone know a shop repainting that does a good job at a fair price? if i were to get a new front kit, how much would that be? where could i look?

and finally...

4) in my first attempt to clean up the car, i bought some new floor mats online, only to find out i didn't order the right color. anyone know where i can get a good set? and also... anyone need a new set of ash-colored floor mats? hahahahaa.

thanks in advance!
-diam0ndb0y[:)]

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
i fucked up and ordered ash when i first ordered mine good thing i realized i ordered the wrong ones before they shipped .. i bet it happens all the time because the black ones look grey.. anyhow

http://www.thebenzbin.com/clk_floor_mats.html

is where i got mine..

i wouldn't worry about the steering wheel you wont care about it after a month.. the paint chips i'm sure only you see them so they dont really matter i have little things all over my car that only i notice that piss me off but its pointless to waste money and fix if no one else is gonna see unless they really inspect your car .. or if you do shows... lastly yes get new rims.. 19's with h&r springs.. and make sure you get sport shocks.. also make sure you are knowledgeable on spring pads so you can have an even fender gap all the way around.. i wish i had all this knowledge before i got all this shit done to my fucking car..

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Welcome. I live in the area and we have quite a few GTG's in this area. I can point you in the right direction for getting your bumper resprayed. Check the Events Forums for our next meet and come out and meet everybody.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Humm... sounds interesting. Im like 20 mins from manassas

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1209368&posts=1&fid=41

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
I recently met this guy who owns a bodyshop in MD and usually paints high end cars. He also has a connection that refurbishes wheels. If interested let me know and I can send you his number.

Cheers

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
best deal on new OEM floormats is Hammersley Motors (they're in VA). They sell them on Ebay for $69. I got mine there. Just do a search on CLK mats...

here's the current auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7972484710&category=33697&sspagename=WDVW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts