Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January this year I posted that I need a new armrest. Someone came along claiming to have one, and the sale was made pretty fast (thru PayPal).

The weeks went by, nothing came in the post. I contacted the seller again and he said it had been shipped back to the US, and that he would ship it again next day (this was in the middle of February). Still no package, and seller want respond to PM's.

Of course there may be many reasons for why this has happend, but I think it's fair that when buying from people you act honest and complete the deal.

Anybody know this seller or have some more details on how to contact him?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/members/du1jec.html

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Unfortunately that can happen even here, although it is EXTREMELY rare. There may be a good reason that he hasn't responded to you, perhaps he has moved or just lost your address.
Keep trying, and hope for the best. This is not typical for the caliber of members we have here......

·
Registered
2002 SLK230
594 Posts
Myzt,

I think that you're pretty cool for leaving open the possibility that there just might be a mistake. Too many people would have stated that that they WERE ripped off instead of they "may have been ripped off"....speaks volumes of your character.

I think that Bruce might be giving us too much credit for being such "High Caliber" people...but I hope that you and the seller get things straightened out.

If it makes you feel better, I bought some parts last summer and for one reason or another, I still haven't seen any of them but I think in my case, it's just a matter of kicking someone in the butt, not that they are trying to steal from me<LOL>!

Jeff

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
He lives in Ramona which is north north-east of San Diego. Get me an address and I will go there. He was emailing me a while back. I think Bruce is right and he is still around. This post reminds me to mail Jeff his throtle body. Busy with buying a home. Jeff, we spent almost 600K for a 2 bdrm townhome in San Diego!

·
Registered
05 E55 AMG
611 Posts
Honestly, with that much time having passed, I'm pretty sure you did get ripped off. No matter what level of status a message board may or may not have, you are always going to have people out there looking to make a quick buck and rip someone off.

It'd be really nice if I'm wrong about this, but I think we all know I'm not.

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
File a complaint / refund with Paypal.

They will freeze the funds in his bank until it is resolved. Then suck the money back from his account if he refuses to pay you back.

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I know 99.9% of the people here aren't like that, so no worries. Just bad when things like this happens. It's a principle in my mind.

The member has not been active for months, so I guess something may have happend. Very strange if a person takes a small amount of money and leave the board for good. I don't think thats worth it... not unless it's a higher amount thou.

Well well, things like this will always happen sometimes, so just gotta let it go. May try contacting PayPal.

·
Registered
E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
1,906 Posts
Off topic

Jeff Kushner said:
Myzt,

I think that you're pretty cool for leaving open the possibility that there just might be a mistake. Too many people would have stated that that they WERE ripped off instead of they "may have been ripped off"....speaks volumes of your character.

I think that Bruce might be giving us too much credit for being such "High Caliber" people...but I hope that you and the seller get things straightened out.

If it makes you feel better, I bought some parts last summer and for one reason or another, I still haven't seen any of them but I think in my case, it's just a matter of kicking someone in the butt, not that they are trying to steal from me<LOL>!

Jeff
Jeff is that your sister?

·
Registered
2002 SLK230
594 Posts
Yacht Master said:
Jeff is that your sister?

No, but too many times, people jump to conclusions rather then waiting and finding out the real facts......I was just acknowledging their openness

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Does he also go by the name OJwerks? Sorry could'nt resist!

Aaron Lephart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts