Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AMGstyleWheel 003.jpg
Here is my 2003 E500 Sport with AMG style wheels. I want to lower it but I'm hearing my only option is with a lowering module. Is this true?

·
Registered
19 Posts
View attachment 180078
Here is my 2003 E500 Sport with AMG style wheels. I want to lower it but I'm hearing my only option is with a lowering module. Is this true?
There's multiple ways you can do it. Do you have the airmatic system or springs? You can do an ELM or links or star system or washers...

Do a search, I'm sure there are threads about each one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's multiple ways you can do it. Do you have the airmatic system or springs? You can do an ELM or links or star system or washers...

Do a search, I'm sure there are threads about each one.
Thanks...

I have airmatic. What is the star system and how would you lower using this system? I appreciate the response!

·
Registered
E 200 kompressor
316 Posts
lower car

Thanks...

I have airmatic. What is the star system and how would you lower using this system? I appreciate the response!
There is a small steal rod on each front strut connecting to the car body and a 3 rd one under the back of the car connecting between the anti roll bar and subframe . This rod works a small micro switch . These control the hight of the car . The most simple way for you to lower your car is to remove these rods and shorten them or you can buy shorter rods . The ride hight can be changed with STAR . I work for a firm that converts the E class into limo's and hearse's and we have to increase the ride hight . We do so by extending tne rods by 11.5 mm . Hope this is helpful

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
There is a small steal rod on each front strut connecting to the car body and a 3 rd one under the back of the car connecting between the anti roll bar and subframe . This rod works a small micro switch . These control the hight of the car . The most simple way for you to lower your car is to remove these rods and shorten them or you can buy shorter rods . The ride hight can be changed with STAR . I work for a firm that converts the E class into limo's and hearse's and we have to increase the ride hight . We do so by extending tne rods by 11.5 mm . Hope this is helpful
It actually is a potentiometer. Is there no risk of exceeding the potentiometer turning angle if the rod length is changed? I'm wondering why this isn't the most common approach suggested even if it seems straightforward (like turning your radio volume button but exceeding the min/max point).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lower Agim ene Sara

View attachment 180078
Hey Geemer, it's me Sara from Michigan State. How are you? I'm sorry football did not pan out for you at our school, but it looks like you are doing quite well. Nice car! We should hang out next time you come to Lansing.

P.S. My dad just bought me a 2008 Mercedes Benz c230 Kompressor.

Sara

·
Registered
E 200 kompressor
316 Posts
It actually is a potentiometer. Is there no risk of exceeding the potentiometer turning angle if the rod length is changed? I'm wondering why this isn't the most common approach suggested even if it seems straightforward (like turning your radio volume button but exceeding the min/max point).
The potentiometer can turn through 360* .

·
Registered
2003 E500 sport
145 Posts
i say the links are best thats what im going to use when i lower mine.
if you go with the module you will have to splice in wires and if you have warranty it will probly void it. the links are easy to remove if you have any suspention problem the you need to take it to the dealer for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts