Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a little fine tuning to try to get the ride height I have been after. The first pics are the original height, the next two are with Eibach sports before mods, and the last two are after my spring mods.. This is with the 9mm pad in the rear. I can still go with the 5mm pad, but I want to wait till I install my 18" ST-4 's before making any other moves..But considering how far I've dropped, I think it looks kinda nice..Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2K1 C320 SS
772 Posts
1.how is the ride on the springs since u cut 2.them...? which set of springs did u cut and put on?
3. and how much did u cut off??
4. and these are just springs only with Stock Shocks?

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WaveyKat - 3/31/2005 8:57 PM

1.how is the ride on the springs since u cut 2.them...? which set of springs did u cut and put on?
3. and how much did u cut off??
4. and these are just springs only with Stock Shocks?
1.Actually the Eibach ride Is the same to me. maybe a tad firmer but on the positive side since the cut, but I love the cornering and overall handling stability.
2. I was using Eibach springs in the first place which I love the ride and feel.
3. I only cut 1/2 of a coil. I didn't want to do too much and be too low when I run the 18's. I actually got nearly 3/4" more drop. I am running about 25.25 height with th 17's.
4. I am using stock struts..Whoever said this setup wears out the stock struts quicker, i don't get it. How many times do you normally replace struts during the life of a german car? case closed.

As you can see, My original setup was a mile in the air like the 240's and such. simply installing the springs only gave it the appearance close to the 05's stock. I wanted it dropped!!
Now it is.. I'll have to look at it with the 18's to determine if i'll use the smaller shim in the back, but I don't really like the rear wheel sitting so far in the well. right now there is a 1/4 " difference between the front and the rear height. That's not technically correct in terms of the arches, but it looks nicer, and sit's well to the eye. I'm happy for now.. I'll post new pics when I put the 18's on her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts