Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'02 E320 Wagon, '13 Chevrolet Volt
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this has certainly been a pleasant week in the car department so far. I managed earlier this week to buy a set of Gen 2 front and rear Euro bumpers for my SEL (they are prepped and are to be painted arctic white this weekend).
The 16/8 ET11 Lorinser LO wheels are at Tru Wheel, they are completed in a couple of days (painted centers with polished lips), and looks really good. I have been offered Grumpy560's side claddings from his -89 SEL (for which I am extremely grateful), which also will be painted arctic white, and replace the current chrome moldings.

Today I came across one extra 16/8 ET11 LO wheel that I rapidly purchased since it was in good condition and extremely inexpensive. This now brings the new set up to five (5) wheels. I thought it might be good with one spare since there are quite a few pot holes in the rapidly deteriorating Los Angeles roads.
I also bought a never used rear reflective panel, and although I am not really in favor of the looks of these, I will try it on to decide, and if I do not like it (which I most likely will not), I am sure someone else will. It was offered to me so inexpensively that I could not skip it. The LO wheel and panel I bought from a true gentleman in the Palmdale/Lancaster area.

I am very grateful for all the help and advice from members on this forum and other good people I so far have had the pleasure to meet or converse with on this W126 journey. Without this, I would not really have known what to recognize or look and/or ask for.

I will post more pictures when it all is on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, this gentleman's name is William, and is not affiliated with the forum. He has sold his Mercedes, but restores American muscle cars.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
If you came up or down the 14, you passed right by where I live near Acton. Next time, maybe a small GTG.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you came up or down the 14, you passed right by where I live near Acton. Next time, maybe a small GTG.
Yes, that sounds like a great idea. It was only an hour drive from my home, on a pleasantly non crowded freeway, when I left around 1pm.

·
Registered
'70 280S-'73 450SLC-'81 380SL-'84 500SEC Euro-'92 300SL24-'95 E320
984 Posts
Well this has certainly been a pleasant week in the car department so far. I managed earlier this week to buy a set of Gen 2 front and rear Euro bumpers for my SEL (they are prepped and are to be painted arctic white this weekend).
The 16/8 ET11 Lorinser LO wheels are at Tru Wheel, they are completed in a couple of days (painted centers with polished lips), and looks really good. I have been offered Grumpy560's side claddings from his -89 SEL (for which I am extremely grateful), which also will be painted arctic white, and replace the current chrome moldings.

Today I came across one extra 16/8 ET11 LO wheel that I rapidly purchased since it was in good condition and extremely inexpensive. This now brings the new set up to five (5) wheels. I thought it might be good with one spare since there are quite a few pot holes in the rapidly deteriorating Los Angeles roads.
I also bought a never used rear reflective panel, and although I am not really in favor of the looks of these, I will try it on to decide, and if I do not like it (which I most likely will not), I am sure someone else will. It was offered to me so inexpensively that I could not skip it. The LO wheel and panel I bought from a true gentleman in the Palmdale/Lancaster area.

I am very grateful for all the help and advice from members on this forum and other good people I so far have had the pleasure to meet or converse with on this W126 journey. Without this, I would not really have known what to recognize or look and/or ask for.

I will post more pictures when it all is on the car.
If you decide you do not like the reflective panel, please let me know as it would be a good fit for my wifes' '89 300se. Anythink reflective up here on the North Coast where fog can prevail, is a good thing.
dws

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
LASwede,
When you come next time or whenever I'll take you a couple short canyon drives in and around Acton, that I'm sure you would enjoy. Yep the 14 is pretty good until drive time , then it's OK going to LA, never empty though at anytime day or night.

·
Registered
1988 560SEC Euro Clone Lorinser Clone
1,572 Posts
LOs are always a good choice!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The lowest part of the cladding (below the doors) was removed yesterday for prepping and paint. Today I will remove the side mirrors, and have the grey front part of them painted arctic white to better match the rest of the car. I have no idea why they delivered them grey like that, since it did not match any other (previously) grey part of my car.

Side claddings will arrive next week, and should be prepped and painted arctic white as soon as I receive them. This car is slowly coming together.

For tires, it looks like I have to go with Michelin Pilot Sport since they apparently do not make the 225/50/16 and/or 245/50/16 tires in the Primacy.

Now onto the next question; H&R or Eilbach springs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts