Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The last option presented in the list above warrants some investigation (due to discrepancy between pic and the 8x16 et11 stated). I also think this would be an option that would be equally respected as the remotec wheels... https://www.ebay.de/itm/4x-AMG-PENTA-DESIGN-SL-107-W123-W126-16x8-T-V-Teilegutachten/372679796902?pageci=0d206135-2b1c-463c-a829-d65957c99386

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to admit, the pentas are probably my least favorite wheels. The rials are also nice, but double the price. I seriously feel like buying the right rims for the merc is like watching your girlfriend shopping for the right shoes, millions options and at the same time nothing is bought. :D I will make an offer for the remotec wheels, see if he accepts it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What tyre size are those wheels for? Some previous owner has put on my car 245 16 50 tyres on similar looking wheels at rear and they touch wheel arches when accelerating at low speed. Haven't checked the offset on those. Other than looks that kind of wheels do not make any sense.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
So, here's what i found:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remotec-16-8-9-Mercedes-Wheels-alloy-5x112-Sec-126-114-129-107-114-124-123-140/173965477994?hash=item288126886a:g:oOwAAOSwrENdLICS

These seem to be of decent quality. The question now remains, will the rear wheel stick out of the arch? At first i wanted the rear rim to be 9J, but i'm not 100% sure it will fit properly.
Have the same staggered set on an euro 500SEC I gave my brother. They fit just fine. Heres an older picture. Now has Pentas, and Remo's are in trunk. Center caps removed, but there.

·
SuperModerator
13,270 Posts
I see offsets of 23/14 on the eBay ad. For what it's worth, I have a set of Ronal R9s in 16x8 (pretty sure they're 8) with offset of 23. They fit fine on my SEL but I didn't like the steering feel of that offset. It was sluggish. I much prefer the ET11 of my Aero Is. I also didn't like the look of how far inboard they sat.
I have these same sized Remotecs on my SEC. I like them a lot. The back wheel doesnt poke out of the arch. Some pics:

Attachments

·
SuperModerator
13,270 Posts
Looks great but horror show under the rear window. And rust or dents on each panel. Still a very pretty car though.

Good luck with the Remotec bid, its nice to have something a bit different. I've not had any trouble at all with mine regarding vibration or balancing either, which makes a refreshing change.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well, something unexpected happened.

The guy with remotec wheels never responded, so i kept on looking for a different pair of wheels. Yesterday, i stumbled upon a local ad where someone was selling original Gullideckel 16x8J rims for only 330$!!

I didn't think i'd be interested in stock wheels, but given they were wider than the usual 7J and really cheap, i decided to check them out. They were in pretty great condition, straight all around. So i gave the seller an offer of 300$ and he accepted it.

And here i am, i bought gullideckel 16x8 wheels for only 300$! I know what you're all gonna say, "They are stock wheels! BORING." But i like them anyway, i seriously like the design of them. When i get bored, i'll just sell them and buy something else. In the meantime, i'll just use these. :>

Attachments

·
SuperModerator
13,270 Posts
Not boring at all, these are a really nice upgrade. From the R129 I think. The offset means spacers are needed for them to look right, I think. So not stock for the W126, personally I like them a lot though.
They suit the car very well in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
great work, keep us posted
the W126 coupe is the one model that evaded me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
BORING. Not for me. I was really tired of my 14" Bundts and could not find a decent tire for them, so was delighted when my mechanic presented me with a gratis set of 15" what we called New Look or 15 holers. He got them after replacing them for the owner with something really modern and about as ugly as most new cars. Personally, I think these fit perfectly with the elegant look of a Gen 1 SEL. Artificial Source might eventually want something a bit more sporty for his SEC. If you click on the avatar it should enlarge and you will see what I mean, parked in front of our favorite pub. Fortunately, the SEL knows the way home.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,823 Posts
Bbs RS use bolt on spacers that are 75 mm bore on the wheel side and 66.6 mm on the hub side. Making any MB wheel work with this kind of spacer just requires the bore on the wheel to be opened up so you don’t have to have an inner step on the inside of the spacer (which is a problem on the long very slightly tapered front hubs of a w126). Bbs rs133 are an example of bolt on spacers of this style. Lorinser also used them. This makes wheel faces conveniently alter the offset by just using different spacers, even a smaller bore for VW/Audi 5x112 cars. There are some BBS RS that I believe use the same face as the rs133 designed for 560sl cars with a different offset just by using a different spacer.

Using this same logic to alter the r129 8x16
Et34 wheels to et11, would just require opening the bore ad bolting on this same style spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
So, if anyone remembers, i had a problem with delamination on the rear window.

For a long time now, i've been searching online for a replacement window with the hopes of finding one that's nearly mint condition for a decent price. Today i finally found one. It was located somewhere in the UK and i just had to have it.

This was the final part i needed to make the car visually perfect and i'll soon receive it.

P.S

Bodywork has been delayed till start of september, the guy has been buried in work with 4 ongoing projects.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts