Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on nightshift tonight - sitting waiting on the phone ringing and just surfing away........... so I now have even more questions :)

Roof mounted DVD - got the poss chance of one for the kids - how does it fix to the roof - surely it doesn't just attach to the headlining.....or does it? has anyone got any advice for this?

Centre console - I don't know about anyone else but the space between the front seats on my v-class gathers "junk" about as quickly as that corner next to the fridge in the kitchen - has anyone bought/constructed anything for this area as to my thinking I could really do with something to help keep my "junk" organised

I'll probably post more on here during my shift so please bear with me - my enquiring mind is in full coffee & red bull mode :big laugh:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Roof mounted DVD - My rooflining is effectively a piece of material so in my case it would need to be mounted to the roof directly somehow. I'd imagine if your roof was plylined you'd still need some form of strengthening.

Centre Console - I'm on the look out for one from a V-Class, bolts traight in from what I can see and comes with cupholders. Hmmmmmmmmm, cupholders.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah - it just seems to be a normal headlining in my v-class - the only way i can think of doing it is to cut the headlining and bond a bracket to the inside of the roof panel - I think i'll panic a bit at cutting the headlining :eek:

I've already got a centre console thingy under the dash with cupholders and cubby holes - it's something for between the seats that'll help to stop all the "junk" rolling around - I can only think of making something up in ply/MDF and covering it in matching carpet.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
my son fitted one to the roof stretchers, they're about 1 1/2inches wide and form a box section about 1/2inch deep with the roof panel.

they are located by pushing a finger into the headlining (his is a stretched lining as opposed to a moulded one) in the middle of a line between the front seatbelt pillars, then gradually going to the back of the vehicle...... you can feel the crossmember every 18inches or so.

they are easily visible if you look in a vito and you could measure where they are to locate them above a moulded headlining.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts