Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2005 R230 SL350 (M112)
163 Posts
There's 2 mono fill in speakers in the rear panel. Shine with a torch through the perforation and you can see them. In CD mode there's a slightly noticeable difference when toggling 'surround' (NTG-1 stock set up).

·
Registered
249 Posts
There's 2 mono fill in speakers in the rear panel. Shine with a torch through the perforation and you can see them. In CD mode there's a slightly noticeable difference when toggling 'surround' (NTG-1 stock set up).
??
Got any photos where they are?
I don't see any perforations where there would be a speaker behind them.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
23,538 Posts
There are two rear speakers, but they are only used for surround sound via the Bose or Harmon-Kardon amp's decoder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know there are countless head unit install threads, but given that it seems to be completely new I figured this deserved its own thread.

Hello Lawrencefitzsimon,

Your post has brought me much further in the installation process, thanks for that!

However, I hang now unfortunately something.

I have everything connected, the cd changer and the module (probably the voice module) behind the center console bypassed. The phone module I could not find unfortunately, in this place sits with me the tv module.

I can hear the click of the amplifier hearing damage, all about 3 seconds, but it comes even after 10-15 min no sound.

Any tip?

Greetings

Manuel

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my adapter several days ago. With the adapter installed, wireless CarPlay works like any other official solution. You get in the vehicle, as soon as it boots up, your phone will automatically connect to your infotainment system.

A new loading screen appears for a few moments as your phone connects. This is the one difference between this solution and an official solution.

Wireless CarPlay brings several benefits. Your iPhone's battery life gets displayed on your infotainment screen which leaves you free to keep the phone in your pocket or purse. Fiddly wires become a thing of the past.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts