Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'80 500SE AMG '80 300SD '78 450SLC '00 Passat GLX Wagon
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, does anyone know if the Brabus wheels pictured below will fit a W126 ( they were in the W124 forum- no mention of width or offset). Secondly, who else makes the mesh/basketweave look besides BBS? I'm intrigued by the look on my car, as pictured below. Might be kinda nice but they seem as hard to come by as Pentas. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
You'd need to find out the offset number. But my gut feeling is it would... I might have seen an early w126 having those somewhere.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Definitely need to find out the offset number, as those were made with 35mm offsets too. As for other mesh-style manufacturers- Rial, MSW, WEDZ(S) sp?, are a few that come to mind. I had a set of Rials that were black inside but they had a 35mm offset. I used them on my old 190E. My cousin has approx 5-6 sets of various 16" mesh wheels ranging in widths from 7 to 9". I wish I could tell you that he would sell you a set but he collects them and wouldn't let them go for anything reasonable unfortunately. He's stockpiling old wheels and AMG stuff.

·
Registered
'80 500SE AMG '80 300SD '78 450SLC '00 Passat GLX Wagon
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EuroCoupe - 5/12/2005 11:07 AM

Definitely need to find out the offset number, as those were made with 35mm offsets too. As for other mesh-style manufacturers- Rial, MSW, WEDZ(S) sp?, are a few that come to mind. I had a set of Rials that were black inside but they had a 35mm offset. I used them on my old 190E. My cousin has approx 5-6 sets of various 16" mesh wheels ranging in widths from 7 to 9". I wish I could tell you that he would sell you a set but he collects them and wouldn't let them go for anything reasonable unfortunately. He's stockpiling old wheels and AMG stuff.
So would he let a set of 8" wide ones go for an unreasonable price?[:)] Thanks for the info on the brabus, I suspect the offset on any set I can find will be a bit high for our cars, usually the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts