Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Hope this isn't too much of a newbie set of questions...

My '05 E55 seems to be getting a few Gremlins.

First, my DVD Navi system seems flaky. When I got the system it would work some of the time and not other times. Often it would say "No DVD Navi in drive" or something of that nature, but later it would work. Now I can't get it to recognize the DVD at all. I took it out of the drive in the trunk and it seemed in perfect condition - not a scratch anywhere. Put it back in and it still doesn't recognize the DVD.

Second, I occasionally get the seatbelt light and beep for the passenger's seat even though no one is sitting in it. Sometimes I put something as light as an iPod in the seat and it expects a fastened seatbelt.

The third issue is with the clock. I haven't been able to set the time (wondering if this is related to the fact that the nav, which may receive time information, is not working)

Anyway - any ideas people have would be appreciated. Will probably have to take to the dealer but would like to be as informed as possible before doing so.

Thanks,

SoonerFan

·
Registered
3 Posts
you need a new nav dvd drive, in the trunk. I had the same problem on my new 05 and had it replaced. I tried a number of other solutions, fuse, etc that I won't bore you with. 10 minutes at the dealer

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a obsidian black 2005 e55. haven't had trouble with the nav but the seatbelt thing has been a real pain. i don't even need anything to be in the seat. took it back to mb 3 times - they started giving me the 'look'. 4th time didn't stop drove directly to the dealer, grabbed the service tech and it did he saw it. tech put it on the tester and amazingly 'now' found the fault. didn't have part. ordered part. got call from mb part in. trip 5 to the dealer. get call 6 hours later - oops - wrong part. 6th trip was the ticket. no problem since. now a month ago.

my first mb. my last? even ford has done better by me. a total of 18 service visits ranging from failed dome lights to squeeks and rattles to seat belt to main instrument cluster failure. have 9000 km on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts