Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1972 250 saloon
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to get my '72 250 back in running order and ive run into a couple of snags.

1. before i parked it the battery kept dying. i was to asume that the alternator was at fault. i took it to a local place and they told me " for insurance reasons we cant touch your alternator because its missing a bracket, if you can get it off we can fix it and you can put it back on" well i checked out my local scrap yard and every 70s benz there INCLUDING my 250 only has the one bracket that holds it to the motor. my question is is he right or was he puzzled by the awesomeness of the benz? PART TWO if he was wrong WTF do i fo to get that son-of-a-gun out? it seems the AC compressor is blocking it the top way and a bar is blocking from the bottom...

2. where can i find a end yoke and u-joint?

3. does the driveshaft itself have a yoke on it or does the shaft bolt to the yoke on the rear end.

#2 and 3 are time crucial! you can text me info if you would like 336-240-7661

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am pretty sure the prop shaft as they call it, is bolted to a rubber saucer called a flexdisc that is also bolted to the yoke on the rearend. Try Autohauz.com, they are good for oem replacement rubber.

·
Registered
1972 250 saloon
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
therein lies my problem.

ive seen all the replacement parts and they look NOTHING like what i have. im starting to think someone has rigged up one and i got the shitty end of the stick on the deal. there is no flexdisc on my shaft.

what now? lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
take a pic

Take a pic, then some one can tell exactly what you are missing. I have a diagram, but I have no scanner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts