Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1992 190E sportline, 1993 300ce, 1993 300ce sportline, 1992 300sl
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only noticed this once before - when I accelerate from a stop with full throttle I get what sounds like a slight belt squeak and then no more cold air until I lower the temp to max and then it comes back cold again in a few minutes. I have a new belt, tensioner, pulleys - and the a/c works all the time here in South Florida. Could I have low freon? I know there is a full throttle cutoff for the compressor - how can I check to see if that is functioning properly? This only happens from a stop with full throttle- kick down and first gear engages. This is for a 1992 300sl so it is never quick from a standstill.

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,171 Posts
I don't believe the compressor cuts off for full throttle. to determine why the compressor is cutting out I would look at the status of all of the inputs to the in-dash control unit and look for something implausible. The procedure for viewing those inputs is "Test Mode B" as explained here: http://manual.startekinfo.com/manual/JSP/cc/3_1/m11.jsp.

If the climate control is cooling the cabin to your satisfaction, then I presume you have adequate freon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts