Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me whats wrong with my climate control. I have 00 E320 and the EC light on the climate unit stays on and it will not turn off allowing the compressor to engage. It did it last month so I bought a climate unit from a salvage yard, installed it and it worked. Now the light came on again not allowing the compressor to engage again. What can be causing that problem?

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Well Sal, the good news is that the reason for the EC light to come on is that there is a issue with the compressor or the absence of 134a. It's an insurance button to prevent the compressor from being ruined.

Now rather than buying another AC control unit go to the stickies and go through the fault test------list the faults and then clear the faults, but don't start the system till you have the faults reviewed, because starting the system may cause more damage.

Then with the fault knowledge you can go to a good AC shop and have the system repaired. Good luck

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Sal, think of the stickies as the W210 forums on line library or history of repetitive topics discussed.

If you have an issue with your car, before posting the question----go to the stickies, because your question or issue has most probably been discusses at nausium. Therefore why ask a question that you have just found an answer to in the stickies.

That then leaves you time to post stories about your ex wife, girlfriend, neighbor, club member, injured child hurt while using a torque wrench, etc

You see them at the top of the W210 forum page.

Just search the climate control area and as you scroll down the AC fault test will become apparent. It's real easy once you get the hang of it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts