Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

On late-model 129s, is the vent, fan and temp control bar supposed to light up when you turn on the lights?

I would think so, but mine doesn't, and I was wondering if there was an easy way of getting to the bulbs or LEDs behind it.

I know I should have done a search, but since my office lamp ran out of oil* this evening, I've been working in the dark, and I'm having a hard enough time keying this in as it is.

Thanks for your help,

Jack

*I kid you not. My wife recently redecorated my office in the purest Victorian style, and she's a stickler for detail. The only concessions she made were for my puter and its peripherals. I can only hope that she'll eventually move on to the 19th century. Then I'll be able to upgrade to gas lamps...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi all,

On late-model 129s, is the vent, fan and temp control bar supposed to light up when you turn on the lights?

I would think so, but mine doesn't, and I was wondering if there was an easy way of getting to the bulbs or LEDs behind it.

I know I should have done a search, but since my office lamp ran out of oil* this evening, I've been working in the dark, and I'm having a hard enough time keying this in as it is.

Thanks for your help,

Jack

*I kid you not. My wife recently redecorated my office in the purest Victorian style, and she's a stickler for detail. The only concessions she made were for my puter and its peripherals. I can only hope that she'll eventually move on to the 19th century. Then I'll be able to upgrade to gas lamps...
You will have to tell her that the victorians had electricity in their houses from at least 1880 on, Cragside house over here was one of the first in the world :D

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will have to tell her that the victorians had electricity in their houses from at least 1880 on, Cragside house over here was one of the first in the world :D
Thanks monkey, I'll tell her that. I just hope it'll convince her to skip the "gas light" period and go straight to the incandescent bulb.

My only fear is that at our age, we won't look as good to each other when the flutter of the oil lamp is gone...:D

Jack

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thanks monkey, I'll tell her that. I just hope it'll convince her to skip the "gas light" period and go straight to the incandescent bulb.

My only fear is that at our age, we won't look as good to each other when the flutter of the oil lamp is gone...:D

Jack
Know what you mean ,I look my very best in a very dark room :D:D:D

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,977 Posts
Use the extraction keys to remove the AC controls, flip the connector levers to disconnect the two harness pigtails, flip the unit over and using a pair of needle nose pliers, twist the white light socket 90 degrees and extract. Replace 1.2w bulb and reverse process to install.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Use the extraction keys to remove the AC controls, flip the connector levers to disconnect the two harness pigtails, flip the unit over and using a pair of needle nose pliers, twist the white light socket 90 degrees and extract. Replace 1.2w bulb and reverse process to install.
Thanks mahunt, but I don't see what you mean by "extraction keys". Are they imbedded clips, or a special tool I should know about?

Thanks again,

Jack

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The attached picture shows the extraction keys inserted into the stereo to remove it. The same keys are also used to remove the climate control module by inserting it into the slots at the bottom corners of the module.

One time I can't locate my removal keys, I use two nail files and it worked.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The attached picture shows the extraction keys inserted into the stereo to remove it. The same keys are also used to remove the climate control module by inserting it into the slots at the bottom corners of the module.

One time I can't locate my removal keys, I use two nail files and it worked.
Thanks edcarls, my dash is a little different, but I get the point.

Jack

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just did mine a few weeks ago, order the keys off ebay. As simple as anything I ever did.
Just remember to turn on you lights when testing the unit!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts