Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'89 300SE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ac is not blowing out of the center vents. It blows out of the sides fine, and the rear fine. Instead of blowing out of the center, it comes out of the defrost vents at the base of the windshield. What is causing this, and how can it be fixed? It hasn't been a problem with temps under 80, but if it get's much over 80, it becomes really hard to cool the car down, and all but impossible over 90. It'll be 96 deg tomorrow.

·
Registered
too many
2,134 Posts
Most likely either a vacuum problem, the vacuum pod controlling the center vents has a broken diaphragm, or the vacuum junction behind the dash that controls the heat/ac circuit has an issue.

·
Registered
'89 300SE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything on these cars seems to always be traced back to a vacuum problem.

Thanks, I'll see if I can investigate a little more with that.

·
Registered
1991 300SE 250,000KM Award Recipient
468 Posts
The vacuum actuator is bad more than likely. Kind of a pain to do but it can be done without too much hastle as long as your reasonably skilled.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,757 Posts
Try a forum search. Minkoff has a thread with pictures, incl. dash removal, and vac pod/actuator repair.

·
Registered
'89 300SE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try a forum search. Minkoff has a thread with pictures, incl. dash removal, and vac pod/actuator repair.
I tried a search and didn't see this. Now, I've tried another one, and can't find any posts from him. Is his name spelled differently?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts