Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new here, I am seeking help.

Two years ago the clutch in the compressor went bad, finally this summer I decided to fix the A/C and I purchased a new compressor, I installed with no preblems and I was getting very cold air again, but yesterday when I was going to use the car, al I got was hot air from the A/C.

Compressor does not come on, when A/C is set to the lowest temp.
Compressor comes on when hot wired to the positive side of battery.
Either case the presure shows 100PSI+.
and lots of hot air.

Please any guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Diego

·
Registered
1998 c230 170K
1,415 Posts
Wow lots of a/c q's lately :p

Hi I am new here, I am seeking help.

Two years ago the clutch in the compressor went bad, finally this summer I decided to fix the A/C and I purchased a new compressor, I installed with no preblems and I was getting very cold air again, but yesterday when I was going to use the car, al I got was hot air from the A/C.

Compressor does not come on, when A/C is set to the lowest temp.
Compressor comes on when hot wired to the positive side of battery.
Either case the presure shows 100PSI+.
and lots of hot air.

Please any guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Diego
The first thing I would do is check your low and high side pressure readings.
Seems like most often the reciever dryer gets clogged over a period of use.
The second thing would to be to check the self diagnostics of the a/c temp control unit, this may give you a clue to what is actually going on, several posts with diag and codes are available on this site, do a search.
If you have problems finding this let us know, will direct you there. You may want to pump some leak dye detector in the low side there may be a leak at one of your fittings or elsewhere.
There is also a pressure switch on the compressor that can go bad or just shut down the compressor for saftey reasons (abnormal pressure), usually that will show up on the diagnostic CC mod. via code B:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts