Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GL450, and I have had ongoing A/C problems since buying it. IF it's hot outside, it can take up to 20 or 30 minutes for cool air to come out of the vents. I have owned many cars, and I have never experienced anything like this. Has anyone else experienced this? It's become unbearable to the point where I think I might sell it.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have a 2007 GL450, and I have had ongoing A/C problems since buying it. IF it's hot outside, it can take up to 20 or 30 minutes for cool air to come out of the vents. I have owned many cars, and I have never experienced anything like this. Has anyone else experienced this? It's become unbearable to the point where I think I might sell it.
Your going to have one of the following codes. Which one(s)?

9401, 9402, 9403, 9404, 9405, 9406, 9407, 9408, 9409, 9501, 9502, 9503 AND 9505

You might need to get a A/C diagnosis from the dealer for the code, but once you have it I can walk you thru how to fix it.

And the A/C, in your truck is a "instant" on type system. The instant you turn it on it starts out luke warm followed by cold air within 10-15 seconds.

I'm betting its one of the rear temp sensors have melted. Telling the computer its already cold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thank you for the response to this post concerning my A/C problems. I will keep you posted on the code it throws and contact you. Is the fix very complicated when replacing these temp. sensors? The real challenge will be finding a Benz mech. here onthe Island of St Croix. I have a car MD diagnostic tool, do you think it might pick up the code for me? Thanks again for tour assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts