Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please explain how to remove the a/c-heater control unit. 1986 190e 2.3. I have removed radio, ashtray, floor mats, side carpets, but still can't find any way to it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Push Button control unit?

Online manual, " lift both clamps with a pointed tool and slide unit out".
The "clamps" are under the fan speed lever. I've had mine out a few times, not hard, but can't remember much else. Vents pull out and the frame is held in with 3 screws.

Manual link,
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w201-190-class/1357867-w201-pdf-manual.html

page 83-112A of the Tepmatic Climate Control section

Edit: download a copy of the manual, if it's hard you are doing it wrong

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checking

Thanks I am checking it out. Yes push buttons. I am also checking out the thread thank you.

·
Registered
951 Posts
To expose some of the screws under the wood, that covers the push button unit, there are two screws that hold the wood on.

Philips I believe they are, just unscrew those and pull down on the wood, it should come out.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
To expose some of the screws under the wood, that covers the push button unit, there are two screws that hold the wood on.

Philips I believe they are, just unscrew those and pull down on the wood, it should come out.
it depends ont hte year, the 91-93 cars with the later style dash had that but the earlier 83-90 cars the wood cones off with the push button unit. i find it easier to get the push button out with teh console out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts