Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/C blows out ice cold air from the two middle vents but at the same time it emits heat from the defrost vents below the windshield. and the left driver side vent. Anyone had or has similar problems? Need help live in florida and need a/c.
Thank you
Tyler

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
118 Posts
Your vacuum controlled blend doors are not working properly because a vacuum leak. Most likely the rubber on the joining connectors to the vacuum lines under the dash has deteriorated. From what I've read, it's a fairly common problem.

·
Registered
SLR
1,366 Posts
Replace all your rubber connectors basically. The ones on the driver's side near the fuse box under the hood, the ones in your engine bay, etc. There's one underneath the leave guard where your wiper blade is too on the passenger's side too. Another place that has them is the vacuum module in your dash. Pull out the glove box and it's on the right. You'll see a bunch of vacuum lines going to it. The vacuum module is ziptied in, so once you cut that, the module will come right out.

Search through the pages, there's tons of threads on this with pictures

·
Registered
W140 1998 S320
299 Posts
Sir if you Have this Va cum control under the Hood it has a something like the picture this thing breaks cause of the heat and you can you find it in the BMW Water Contro Unit it is the same as Mercedes and its easy to replace

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice I will pull everyhing out in the morning. Where can I find the connectors for the
Vacuum lines if I need to replace them.

·
Registered
86' 190E 2.3L
378 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts