Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mercedes Benz C-180 (2007) here in Dubai (United Arab Emirates), and I've had some problems regarding its Air Conditioning Unit.
My car had gas leak from its A/C and it was repaired by the Mercedes Benz company about 2 years ago, but now the gas has started to leak again with a strange smell of some kind of gas.
I showed it to the Mercedes Benz company and they adviced me to change the whole A/C unit.

I would like to know that how frequently the A/C unit of my Mercedes Benz C-180 must be repaired/replaced, or is it a strange situation?
I also want to know where to get the A/C unit replacement from (as cheap and durable as possible), and if the whole A/C unit shall not be replaced then what can I do to fix this problem?

By the way I have seen some Chinese manufactured compressors that were around $40 to $100 (Ac Compressor For(00-02) Mercedes W203 C180 - Buy Ac Compressor For Mercedes Benz,Mercedes Benz Auto Ac Compressor,Auto Ac Compressor Supplier Product on Alibaba.com), but the Mercedes Benz company had a very expensive offer (~$3267).

Your replies would be highly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts