Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190e 2.3
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
mY ISSUE THIS WEEK END WAS AFTER INSTALLING FERON MY A/C WOULD RUN FOR 2SEC AND SHUT OFF. AFTER RESTARTING SAME THING;WHAT i NOTICE IS THAT THE A/C FAN DID'NT START. I JUMP IT AND IT WORKED FINE. COULD THIS BE THE ISSUE OF MY A/C NOT WORKING? IF SO, HOW DO I START NARROWING THESE CAUSES? ALL OPINIONS WELCOME.............88 190 2.3

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6L Auto
28 Posts
If it engaged for 2 seconds, that really isnt enough time to build high or low pressure. Unless of course, you have <b>way too much or too little freon. </b>

How much Freon did you install? What type?

Did you vacuum the system first? If you added only, how can you be sure it isnt too full or empty?

My a/c did that once and then burned a trace on the klima relay because the clutch coil was shorted to ground. If yours worked engaged several times, then I wouldnt say its the coil or the relay.

Sounds like you need to evacuate the freon, vacuum it, charge it as prescribed amount. Go from there.

Watch the gauges when the clutch comes on. Look for one of the needles to way too high or too low.

·
Registered
190e 2.3
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only used half a can,the freon used is 134 artic freeze.how manny cans dose it take normally?

·
Registered
190e 2.3
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok,now That I Have The A/c Working;it Was The Relay, Now The Fan Still Doesnt Come On, Heat Comes Out Of The Side Vent,and Cool Air Only Below Through The Center Vent When Driving 40 Plus Mph. Open To All Suggestions

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6L Auto
28 Posts
Check and clean contacts on fan fuses in elec. box. As a test, connect the 2 wires together on your filter/dryer swich (the red body one) that should start the a/c fans on low speed, I am pretty sure. Both fans should have about 8 volts running to them. When the engine goes above 102C the fans should go to High speed = 13.8 volts approx to each fan.

For the fan to come on, the red switch reads temp of the line at the filter/dryer, when the temp is high enough it will bring the fans on.

The capacity is like 2.2lbs. Most shorty R134 cans hold 12 ounces which is 3/4 of 1 pound. So, its almost 3 short cans, I dont know how much the tall cans hold, 17 ounces I think. Which is 1lb 1oz.

Do you know how much it had before you charged it? Is your suction line cold and sweaty?

·
Registered
190e 2.3
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just check the fuses there good and connected those wires;still nothing

·
Registered
190e 2.3
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
exactly how many fuses and relays activate the a/c fan and where do I find them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts