Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A/C fan speed indicator

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Redlotus 
#1 ·
2009 c-300 Sport, 20K miles. My wife drives it most of the time. Recently I was driving it and turned on the Auto Climate control. I remembered?? when I used to that, there were several white fan speed indicator bars lighted up on the LCD display between the two temperature setting dials. This time it did not happen. When I changed the fan speed, then it appeared. I asked her if she remember which way it suppose to happen and she said " I don't know". So, please help me out, let me know if I am getting old and loss my memory, or the indicator lights malfunction at initial turn on.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, the AC works and I can hear the fan runs. It is just the those fan speed indicator bars.

#2 ·
The white indicator bars only illuminate when adjusted manually. When in AUTO, the bars should not appear. The system should be left in AUTO all the time to prevent moisture buildup which can create unpleasant odors. The system knows how to run to keep its innards dry. Just change the temperature dial to your comfort. If you briefly need MAX COOL, that would be an exception. Otherwise set it to AUTO and leave it alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.