Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding my HVAC box and when I place the A/C evaporator in the box it does not go all the way down because the thermal expansion valve is hitting the side of box (please see photo).

How much can I "bend" the pipes coming out of the evaporator? What method should I use to bend them?

Any and all input is appreciated.
DSCN4055.JPG
DSCN4052.JPG

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think you’re on your own there, but if you try it hold the pipes securely so they don’t stress th evaporator or any brazed joint while bending. WHat brand is it?

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased a Rein product from FCP Euro. It is made by Egelhof in France. The part number is 126 830 03 84. It has the Mercedes emblem embossed on the label.

This morning I loosened both lines on the thermal expansion valve and everything moved into place. The valve moved enough to let the evaporator drop down into the box completely. I have not tightened the lines at this point. I will wait until I have all of the flaps resurfaced.

·
3,939 Posts
I purchased a Rein product from FCP Euro. It is made by Egelhof in France. The part number is 126 830 03 84. It has the Mercedes emblem embossed on the label.

This morning I loosened both lines on the thermal expansion valve and everything moved into place. The valve moved enough to let the evaporator drop down into the box completely. I have not tightened the lines at this point. I will wait until I have all of the flaps resurfaced.
That's good it all came together like that.

You may want to hold off tightening those two lines at the expansion valve 'til after you get the other lines started too, the ones to & from the drier & compressor. They can be a real fiddle to get sorted & I found having the 'top' connections a tad loose helped overal .. In addition, if you haven't already, take a look at the firewall grommet A 126 997 05 81. It is located just below & to the centerline from the brake booster. Both mine had perished as they are old & very thin where the hoses go through.

MBL IMG_0460.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts