Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a 600SEL and noticed on the service records that the AC evaporator was replaced/fixed last year. Now, I hear horror stories about this systemic maintenance problem.

Question: Because the evaporator problem was fixed by an authorized MB dealer, will the same problem (leakage) recur down the road or did the "repair" improve upon the original design such that the problem with the evaporator will likely not occur in the future? In other words, are we doomed to repeat the same evaporator failure down the road?

· Registered
93 600SEL 91 420SEL
94 Posts
I'd like to know the answer to this question myself. I have a '93 600 SEL w/112k on it....

I'd like to know the answer to this question myself. I have a '93 600 SEL w/112k on it. No evaporator replacement needed, as yet.

· Registered
W140 S300 TD
67 Posts
Here in France, MB dealers seem to say "even with new evaporator, the problem will occur a...

Here in France, MB dealers seem to say "even with new evaporator, the problem will occur again".

Use AC just when necessary but at least one time a week.

Mine ('96 180.000 kms) still works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.