Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 SL-320. Has anyone replaced their heater/A.C. controls of the old style (big push button) to the newer led window style ? Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
A/C Controls

Am contemplating the same change out. Have you moved forward on the project? Find out any answers?

Chuck

·
Registered
C + E + SL
88 Posts
RE: A/C Controls

news?

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,212 Posts
It is not possible to change to the newer controller according to one of the techs on Mercedesshop.com.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
I disagree. I had it done on my 1993 SL. I had the manual A/C board and I replaced it to the new digital screen. It was done by a expert, here in Beirut. But I can tell you that it's not an easy job. Many things had to be modified.

Attachments

·
Registered
C + E + SL
88 Posts
SILVER ARROW - 4/13/2004 4:58 AM

I disagree. I had it done on my 1993 SL. I had the manual A/C board and I replaced it to the new digital screen. It was done by a expert, here in Beirut. But I can tell you that it's not an easy job. Many things had to be modified.
Hello Aziz,
every your words are a surprise for me!![:D][:D][:D]

pls explain all modify with photo or scheme, if possible, to make change AC control unit

sorry for my bad english....[:(]

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of details about how to modify it. The guy who did it is an expert, he doesn't give details on how it's done. It's his secret. I left my car at his garage for 1 day, and I took it back finished. The only thing he told me that the wires leading to the screen change, and that he had to modify something that had to do with the fan. Because if he didn't, then the fan will stay on all the time. Sorry, but that's all I know! [:(][:D]

·
Registered
C + E + SL
88 Posts
[:(][:0][:(!][xx(][V][:(][8)][:0][:(!][xx(][|)][:X][V][}:)][}:)][}:)]

·
Registered
C + E + SL
88 Posts
SILVER ARROW - 4/13/2004 8:53 AM

I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of details about how to modify it. The guy who did it is an expert, he doesn't give details on how it's done. It's his secret. I left my car at his garage for 1 day, and I took it back finished. The only thing he told me that the wires leading to the screen change, and that he had to modify something that had to do with the fan. Because if he didn't, then the fan will stay on all the time. Sorry, but that's all I know! [:(][:D]
can you ask him if i send to you a '96 Control unit, he can modify it for me? and what's is the price?
modification is only inside control unit or inside dashboard?

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
The modification is inside the dashboard. You will need to send me the car !!! [:D]HAHAHA
The process doesn't cost a lot here. It's 300$ including the price of the new screen. But the car has to be present. SORRY!!!

·
Registered
C + E + SL
88 Posts
SILVER ARROW - 4/13/2004 10:25 AM

..............You will need to send me the car !!! [:D]HAHAHA..........

what's the problem? i'll send tomorrow my SL indise a little box or you prefer an envelope?
[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
NT2OOO - 4/14/2004 8:37 PM

SILVER ARROW - 4/13/2004 10:25 AM

..............You will need to send me the car !!! [:D]HAHAHA..........

what's the problem? i'll send tomorrow my SL indise a little box or you prefer an envelope?
[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]
I prefer to send it in an envelope. That way I'll pay less customs!!! HAHAHA [:p][:p][^][^]

·
Registered
C + E + SL
88 Posts
aziz,
my wife says:
are your car for sale? if yes, what's the price?

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
NT2OOO - 4/14/2004 8:49 PM

aziz,
my wife says:
are your car for sale? if yes, what's the price?
No, not for the moment. SORRY!!! Summer is starting, so can't wait to take off the top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts