Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A/C compressor

373 Views 7 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Rjdelew
Anyone ever change the A/C compressor? It looks like it might be fun in a bad way.

I am still not sure if it even needs replaced. I will admit after changing the radiator. I forget to put the freon back in and drove it while testing the transmission replacement. I turned it on to see if it would work ran it for a bit without freon. Maybe 5 minutes.
Anyone ever change the A/C compressor? It looks like it might be fun in a bad way.

I am still not sure if it even needs replaced. I will admit after changing the radiator. I forget to put the freon back in and drove it while testing the transmission replacement. I turned it on to see if it would work ran it for a bit without freon. Maybe 5 minutes.
See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2003 C320 coupe, 2000 ML320
1,202 Posts
At the minimum, you need a vacuum pump, a gauge set and a MB scanner.. Prices start at about $250 for the cheapest ones out there.. Most important,.. you need the knowledge "how to service an AC system,.. Must be hundreds of videos on Youtube on this subject..
OR,. call around and find a independent shop that will do it for less than $500

· Registered
2007 ML320
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the minimum, you need a vacuum pump, a gauge set and a MB scanner.. Prices start at about $250 for the cheapest ones out there.. Most important,.. you need the knowledge "how to service an AC system,.. Must be hundreds of videos on Youtube on this subject..
OR,. call around and find a independent shop that will do it for less than $500
I used a scanner, no codes for the A/C.

· Registered
2007 ML320
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for that information. I was afraid I was going to have to remove the radiator. Looks difficult but fairly simple.

Have you ever changed one?

The scanner does. It just doesn't seem to show anything useful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts