Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1982 300sd was purchased with a switch to control the ac compressor, I am changing the pressure switch and would like to have a wiring diagram to make sure it is all hooked up correctly, can anyone help me with a schematic or point me to where to look? Thanks

·
SuperModerator
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

When you get time, please do fill your profile details so members are more easily able to help you. There were sometimes big differences in the cars depending on market version. Electrical stuff too.

All the best and good luck sorting the fix .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out the diagram and some things don't seem to match up correctly. Are you positive that it also applies to the 92 300SD? The diagram only mentions CD, D, TD. I will follow this post up with a diagram of how my car is right now so hopefully one of you guys can help me out of my bind. Thanks

Hi there & Welcome to BenzWorld.

Here is the A/C diagram you need..

Good luck,

MBL

Looks a bit fuzzy.. Here's a .pdf for you with more detail

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU ALL! I traced it down to the previous owner wired a key-on-12v wire to the wire going to the evaporator regulator because the CCU solder joints were broke, i fixed them last week. Snipped that wire and now the whole system works flawlessly and the compressor comes on when it should and off when it should. I just now have to replace the low pressure switch when I go from r12 to envirosafe r134a, as I cannot source any r12 any more for less than a few hundred dollars. (My system is low on freon so I have to change it)
Again, Thanks for helping

1 - 10 of 10 Posts