Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
I can handle my aux fan breaking off the bracket, going crazy under the hood and scaring the living shit out of me....but the same day my A/C compressor started making noise. I haven't full swallowed that the bearings are gone and I'll have to take an expensive trip to the AC shop with parts in tow. I had a quick look at it and cut the belt...at a glance it looked like the front pulley piece of the compressor was loose. Ya, ya I know...probably cause my bearings are screwed....but what are the odds she's just loose? Anyone have a similar experience? How is the compressor pulley wheel put together?
I felt like I cut off one of her fingers when I diced the belt ;(
Sympathy replies?
-HIMMM and "Vanessa"

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
could be just the clutch but i would wager the bearings are toast from what you describe.
by the way, why would you need a/c in Halifax anyhow?;)

·
Registered
'78 240D
74 Posts
sympathy reply

once i was on the ferry, going to work, and this gorgeous girl was in the car next to me. my ac belt starts screeching like mad, (ac was off) it was a gradual thing but anyway, i was so embarrassed by this wailing, that instead of going home and tightening the damned thing i just cut it off. it was a pretty fresh continental too. the worst part of it was that i never spoke a word to this girl. i'm stupid!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
84300DTurbo... Thanks to global warming, we haven't seen a lick of snow all winter (I never took off my summer slicks ;))...this summer should be melting the MBtex right to the old ass worse than usual! Polar bears are drowning and Canadians are whining about the heat....shit must be hitting the fan!

vtharpe...if she didn't get turned on by the 240D she ain't the girl for you!

I neck deep in more brake work right now...I'll y'all posted.
-HIMMM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts