Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 ml350 4matic
My ac clutch is making belt. At first I thought this would be a simple fix, but now I’m realizing that it’s not. I would to mb to see if the clutch is sold separately and they told me it’s not and I have to replace the whole compressor. I started looking around and the only place I can find a replacement clutch is on eBay. Anyone have any experience replacing the ac clutch or can think of a better place to purchase one other then eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the pulley on the compressor can be replaced right? That’s what I believe I need to change. I just can’t find a reputable place to buy it from.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,837 Posts
So the pulley on the compressor can be replaced right? That’s what I believe I need to change. I just can’t find a reputable place to buy it from.

Why do "you believe" that it is the pulley? You have to explain what the problem is.

And yes the pulley can be replaced. But if you screw up the clutch your truck is dead in the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was squeaking, so i took the belt off and turned all the pulleys and heard that one making noise when i turned it. For the time being I put a shorter belt on to bypass the compressor.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,837 Posts
Well it is strictly up to you if you want to change the pulley but the hub must be remove first and that requires the removal of the compressor .

As for where to buy the pulley I would only recommend the dealer because the part numbers are different as per your vin#.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info... i was at the dealer yesterday and they told me they don’t sell just the pulley, and that I have to buy the whole compressor

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First I’m going to see if I can purchase and replace just the pulley before I do anything else. I’ll see if denso sells it.

·
Registered
2007 ml350
27 Posts
I have a 2009 ml350 4matic
My ac clutch is making belt. At first I thought this would be a simple fix, but now I’m realizing that it’s not. I would to mb to see if the clutch is sold separately and they told me it’s not and I have to replace the whole compressor. I started looking around and the only place I can find a replacement clutch is on eBay. Anyone have any experience replacing the ac clutch or can think of a better place to purchase one other then eBay?

There is no clutch on the compressor. So if it is making noise , replacing the pulley won't help. The compressor is turned on and off internally .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts