Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/C clutch does not engage. I'm not sure of it is due to low freon or an electrical problem. I measure 9 volts at the connector on the clutch when the A/C is turned on. tTis seems low. Can I apply 12 volts directly to the two terminals on the clutch to see if it engages?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes you can apply 12 volts to the terminals to check if the clutch works. Polarity does not matter on the terminals.<p>But the most common reason for the AC compressor clutch to not engage,is due to the safety pressure switch cutting off the circuit to the clutch. This safety prevents the compressor from being operated without FREON or lubricant.<p>You need to check the pressure on the system as a number one priority. This will be the basis point for all other diagnosis. If there is a leak, you need to repair this first.<p><p>: My A/C clutch does not engage. I'm not sure of it is due to low freon or an electrical problem. I measure 9 volts at the connector on the clutch when the A/C is turned on. tTis seems low. Can I apply 12 volts directly to the two terminals on the clutch to see if it engages?<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can apply 12 volts to the terminals to check if the clutch works. Polarity does not matter on the terminals.<p>But the most common reason for the AC compressor clutch to not engage,is due to the safety pressure switch cutting off the circuit to the clutch. This safety prevents the compressor from being operated without FREON or lubricant.<p>You need to check the pressure on the system as a number one priority. This will be the basis point for all other diagnosis. If there is a leak, you need to repair this first.<p><p>: My A/C clutch does not engage. I'm not sure of it is due to low freon or an electrical problem. I measure 9 volts at the connector on the clutch when the A/C is turned on. tTis seems low. Can I apply 12 volts directly to the two terminals on the clutch to see if it engages?<p><p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.