Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C280
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 1985 190D 5 speed and am experiencing an intermittent problem with my blower motor. On ocasion for no reason the blower motor just shuts off. At points it will work for days or weeks without cutting out, other times it will cut out 3x in one day. No pattern to which vents are being used when it happens, also it sometimes happens when I am cruising at 70 MPH, other times it has cut out when siting at a stoplight. It has cut out on both heat and A/C and when the fan was operating at low, med, and high.
If I hit any other button or turn the system off and back on it will work just fine. Sometimes not right away (might be 5 minutes) but most of the time I hit another button to redirect airflow and it comes right back on. The blower motor was replaced less than a year ago. It does not make any strange noises, just temporarily goes dead.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1985 190E 2.3 (Sold)
210 Posts
You might have a faulty climate control unit or a faulty blower resister. The resister is located behind the battery and it has coils in it.

·
Registered
1999 C280
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan, how can I test to see which of the 2 parts are faulty?

Thanks,

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts