Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MB 300SE '90, anthrazite grey, black leather
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I bought a 300SE -90 a week ago. She has automatic climate control, ASD (probably not currently working; the ASD light on the dashboard is on all the time, I know that some work has been done to correct the issue, for example the magnetic valve has been replaced, I think I will try to replace the brake light connector from below the brake pedal next...).

The issue I have is this: I hear a buff of air somewhere below the car near the right back tyre it seems (seen from behind), every five seconds or so after driving the car. No matter the gear position or anything, it is like compressed air gets released in a short steady buff; anybody have any idea what is matter here ?

Sorry I do not have any pictures from her yet, just getting to know her, appreciating the ride more and more every time...:)

Seppo

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,445 Posts
There is a vacuum pump in the trunk back there and the electric fuel pumps are outside, near the right rear tire. Is it air or a buzzing from the pumps??

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,643 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Lift the spare wheel cover in the trunk, the vacuum pump is located to the right.

There are some differences between the Euro grey import, and the US spec cars.

The forum archive has a wealth of information available at your finger tips.
Please make sure to carefully read the 'Welcome to the Forum' announcement / tutorial sticky on top.
It will show how to run a forum search (needs words of more than 3 letters), etc., and save valuable time.

Also, the service manual sticky lists all the pdf files. If you post with the request for a specific file(s), someone will post it for you.
Cheers

·
Registered
MB 300SE '90, anthrazite grey, black leather
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check the pump from the trunk asap as well as the effect of locking the doors !

It does not originate from the fuel pump itself, I could actually check that from below the car (it does have a recognizable buzzing sound indeed).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts