Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Ever since I upgraded my stereo from the stock one to the Sony, I thought the lights around the dash didn't complement very well. So to keep things in keeping with the blue and white lights of the stereo, I decided to use up some old led's I have had for years in my tool box and wire them into the car.

The dash boards ones I did a while ago but I left the two main illumination bulbs on the dials as white so as not to go too blue and give a contrast, I just increased the wattage to increase the whiteness from 3W to 6W.

For the foot wells I just used a couple of multi-led's I had and drilled a small hole into the underside of the trim to shine downwards. The led's are then wired in parallel to the cigar light near the gear shift so that they only come on when I turn the headlights on. I was quite surprised at how bright they light the floor.!

I may do more but for now its a nice little mod I think, especially coming into the dark winter months !

Attachments

·
Registered
'11 Santa Fe LTD V6 AWD-Navi, '99 CLK 320 (traded for family mover), '96 200SX (SOLD) :(
528 Posts
That's pretty sweet, I especially like the instrument cluster :D

Marc

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
that is too cool... do the lights in the footwell stay lit or is there an on / off switch, or do they only come on when the doors are open?

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is too cool... do the lights in the footwell stay lit or is there an on / off switch, or do they only come on when the doors are open?
Yeah I had toyed with the idea of wiring them into the lights on the door, which is entirely possible so that they go out when closed, but you know what, its more pimped I feel with them on the whole time when its dark and so I just have them on when I turn the headlights on.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Yeah I had toyed with the idea of wiring them into the lights on the door, which is entirely possible so that they go out when closed, but you know what, its more pimped I feel with them on the whole time when its dark and so I just have them on when I turn the headlights on.
You know what, I just went back and actually read the post instead of just looking at the pretty pictures haha. How silly of me, but like I said they're just too cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts