Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
slk 2000k year 2000 and austin-healey sprite[bugeye] E 350 convertable
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slk 200 works like a dream all week BUT I dont use the car over the weekend and it is almost impossable to start on Monday morning. and once started it's fantastic again. any one any ideas???????
please
fab

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
653 Posts
Without reading the engine codes, all you can do is throw darts at a board hoping to hit the cause of the problem. Are you using premium petrol? You might try adding a can of Techron engine cleaner into the fuel tank just before you fill it next time. By the time you have emptied the tank, if there was muck within the fuel system, the Techron should take care of it. Beyond that, it could be any number of things, so I would have the codes read before doing much else unless someone else has a better idea.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks a million for your imput. Thats what I thought, but I was just chancing it to see if it was a common problem. thanks anyway
fab

·
Registered
2000 SLK 230 manual, original owner
227 Posts
How old is your battery? Maybe recharged by alternator during the week, loses power while sitting on weekend?

--Larry

·
Registered
1999 slk 230
160 Posts
Without reading the engine codes, all you can do is throw darts at a board hoping to hit the cause of the problem. Are you using premium petrol? You might try adding a can of Techron engine cleaner into the fuel tank just before you fill it next time. By the time you have emptied the tank, if there was muck within the fuel system, the Techron should take care of it. Beyond that, it could be any number of things, so I would have the codes read before doing much else unless someone else has a better idea.
IMO, if it is fuel issue it should not run like a dream any day, I am putting my money on bad battery, which is not holding charge. Question; when it starts how it starts.

shaunt

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got me thinking now..I will check the battery...million gents

·
Registered
2003 SL500 USA model, Auto Transmission, Stock, Aegean Blue Metallic
1,415 Posts
Most auto parts stores will check the battery for free, maybe while in the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doing this today, thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts