Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Acura TL, 1999 GMC Yukon
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new AMG-hat! My 'old' one was bought when my AMG was new to me, and doesn't look new anymore at all. My NEW one was bought today after the local dealership called to tell her it arrived. Me, Polly, my three kids and two kids my wife watches (thank-God for a big Expedition!) drove to the OKC MB dealership during rush hour to pick the hat up. My wife walked into the parts counter, passed on the (according to her) very cool looking upper-level hat, and bought a good-looking black hat with a reflective silver strip around the bill. And, of course, the new AMG logo with the slash marks. I'm pumped! My old AMG hat is now my 'work' hat to mow the lawn in, etc. My wonderfull wife wanted to give me a present on Fathers-Day, and so I told her, via cell-phone, that I didn't have a Roger Moore Bond movie. I received an Ultimate Edition of Live and Let Die. Sunday I get to pick-up a collection of all the 007 movies I don't have (via Craigslist). Boy, I need to get a job soon. Polly, my wonderfull wife, says that once I get a paycheck I can go get the top-level hat with carbon-fiber trim that she didn't want to pay for. I thank God for my wonderfull wife daily!

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
Dimm!

Just a quick one with another belated item... Welcome Back!!! I'm doing some homework and it was a welcomed treat to see you're up and hitting the forum doing well. Don't ya' just love these guys and gals?

All the Best!

AA

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Your wife is a true blessing...and regardless of the day, I'd bet each one is like Thanksgiving to her.
Congrats on the new hat; may you think of Polly each time you don it, and thus wear it proudly.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,706 Posts
Dimm!

Just a quick one with another belated item... Welcome Back!!! I'm doing some homework and it was a welcomed treat to see you're up and hitting the forum doing well. Don't ya' just love these guys and gals?

All the Best!

AA
+ 1

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! You guys ARE a blessing! One of Polly's first calls after my big wreck was to mclare because Polly knows how important this forum is to me. In my garage is still the wrapped front AMG spoiler that I'm waiting on $100 for to pay the dissabled auto painter to paint for me. This forum has been a blessing to me in many ways.

·
Registered
'70 280S-'73 450SLC-'81 380SL-'84 500SEC Euro-'92 300SL24-'95 E320
984 Posts
Pics of Polly please?
dws

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay DWS, here is Polly driving me to an early physical therapy appt in my fly ride:

Attachments

·
Registered
'70 280S-'73 450SLC-'81 380SL-'84 500SEC Euro-'92 300SL24-'95 E320
984 Posts
She looks like a very nice lady.
dws

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
I can attest to the fact that Polly makes Killer Chicken Soup and is a graciuos, along with Sam, Hostess. I stayed with them one night on my trip to Ga. to deliver Sylvia to Taylor 422 and his dad.
A very loving and lovely family.

·
Premium Member
1980 450SL; 1984 500SEC Euro; 1991 560 SEC
345 Posts
Dimm,
Ditto on how nice it is to see you back posting.
Same with AA.
And Polly will make any of your rides "fly"

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Okay DWS, here is Polly driving me to an early physical therapy appt in my fly ride:
That is a much better pic than the one from carepages (with you all laid up).

Keep improving!

·
Banned
1987 560sel AMG: Custom Suspension, AMG Body Kit, EURO Mods, Diplomat MB Curtains
472 Posts
Nice story, and nice people!

Regarding bond..........

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's great to be here. I don't have any other friends who care about cars. My wife appreciates my love for the automotive, but I hope to get into a job soon where I can meet other gear-heads. And yes, Polly rocks. All the time!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally got on my computer (and not just my Blackberry) and watched the vid. I'll have that RACY (PG?) 'A View to a Kill' Sunday. I only need to drive 45 min and fork over $30. I also spoke to my job rep this morning, and I expect to start getting calls for interviews Fri or Mon. Wow, I'm blessed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts