Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They Claim it makes OVER 650hp...Is this for real?
http://forums.m b w o r l d.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101034

E v o s p o r t Mercedes CLK430 bored & stroked to 6.3L and producing over 650 HP

http://E v o s p o r t .com/about/default.aspx#successes

·
Registered
01 CLK 430 Cab
219 Posts
How much RWHP do the CLK's on the German Touring car circuit lay down? Maybe those engineers need to contact this company.........Says they have a E-46 making over 500 rwhp to?? is that right, hmmm must be a typo.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430, 2001 ML 320
172 Posts
Hey Mark. You got that Smart car out on the streets yet? I have some trouble believing e v o sp o r t s claim that a 6.3L CLK made that kind of power. Stroked to that displacement with a Kleemann, Renntech, or HPS compressor, yeah then I think it would be possible.

·
Registered
01 CLK 430 Cab
219 Posts
Even boosted the motor/powerplant in NA form would need to make a minimum of 475 rwhp to make a claim of 650 at the wheels. Boosting a car typically adds 100+ horsepower, not 300+ at 7-9 psi. 300+ possible if you plan on boosting to a minimum of one bar of boost, and one bar of boost my friend is 14.7.1. So the scale will start from there and go up until it either blows, or makes the number. If it just so happens to make the number, will it be driveable or dependable? Would you take it on a nice country drive without any worries of grenading?

·
Registered
172 Posts
It was stroked out to 6.3 though. There's no replacement for displacement! I agree its a high number and need to see dyno runs for proof. 10 psi intercooled for me on a 350 inch small block made 180 extra Hp at the fly so a 6.3 could probably make at least 500 RWHP with the right cam profiles, ported/polished heads, etc. Look at new blown Vettes....they can routinely make 550 RWHP with the right setups. Any idea how much he paid evilsport to have that motor built?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Forgot to address reliability too. I ran on a stock cast bottom end on my setup and never had any reliability issues with the power I made. Drove the piss out of it (7000 rpm shifts not uncommon) for over 40K miles with zero problems. And thats on a worn out chevy with old technology.

·
Registered
01 CLK 430 Cab
219 Posts
The 3 valve head design that MBZ uses is exhaust restricted. I'm the one that ported and polished the heads for this 6.3 litre, with little attention to the intakes it picked up some nice gains. I paid alot of attention to the exhaust and the gains where only 26 additional cfm at @.500 on the flow bench. Ideally you want both the intake and the exhaust to flow as close to one another as possible. These heads will not do that. As you know anyone can build motors, but the one who wins is the one with the best heads. This motor stroked will not have the heads to breathe.... even worse its boosted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thats amazing the heads reallydidn't pick up much additional flow after the head work. Did you ever do a before/after dyno test on the evilsport pulleys to determine if they give the gains they advertise? I'm running out of performance mod ideas and don't want to drop 8-9K on a supercharger.

·
Registered
01 CLK 430 Cab
219 Posts
The pulleys made gains on a 55 think they where like 7 hp or something like that. Small gains but imop not worth the money they ask. Pulleys on the 320 and 430 models showed no gains. I even put a set on my car as a test and ran the car on the dyno 12 times and it never showed a gain. The biggest gains for hp on a 55 are the pulleys, resonator removal,metallic catalytic converters, and K&N filters. After that you need to get blown. Being blown is nice, I'm sure we would all agree to that right class? [:D]

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Nowdays everyone is claiming mad horsepower, but considering that Top Secret can get 1000+BHP from the RB26 in the Skyline, and 1000+ from the supra i dont see what all the noise is about.

I don't think i'd like to take these cars out for a drive in the countryside though.... .they must have MAJOR reliablity problems (including the CLK).

·
Registered
///M
55 Posts
Yeh its legit. Sleestack used to post alot on M B w o r l d but hasnt been around for a while. The engine itself is a 4.3 bored to a 6.3 with custom built internals and a Kleeman supercharger. I dont have much of a problem believing the 650hp number given that an otherwise unmodded 5.5 with a Kleeman blower will produce 560 hp. The car is taking a while to finish because of all the custom work involved, but once its done this thing should be an absolute monster.[:0]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts