Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1999 ml 430 a problem just started, apon driving my BRAKE, BAS/ESP, EST and ABS lights come on and it will BEEP when i start to drive!!!! Any feed back on this would be great. Thanks , Rich

·
Registered
05 ML500 SE
1,482 Posts
First thing to try (cheapest) is a brake light switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem went away for months now it is back!!!!! Going to start with new break fluid cap, Check Breaks, break switch, or just take it to my local dealer................. OUCH.............. will keep you posted..

·
Registered
99 White ML320, 13 Audi S5,84 300ZX Turbo, 03 Audi A4, 03 Audi TT, 65 Ford Galaxie Conv
474 Posts
Similar situation with mine. It has done this twice, both when the lights are on which makes sense due to the higher current draw; once was last August or September, and then once in January. What I am trying to saw is it is only a matter of time. I just haven't made the time to get a brake switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another 99ml 430 problem!

Good morning all!!!!! Here is the story I have a 99 ml430 that started to Stop running with no warning lights or anything. after waiting 45min to an hour it will restart. Trying to restart it b4 hand it will turn over with it sounding like it is either not getting fuel or spark. I replaced the fuel pump from advice from a local Benz mechanic with no luck. I am thinking fuel filter next. any advice would be great!!!! Thank you!

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,103 Posts
Good morning all!!!!! Here is the story I have a 99 ml430 that started to Stop running with no warning lights or anything. after waiting 45min to an hour it will restart. Trying to restart it b4 hand it will turn over with it sounding like it is either not getting fuel or spark. I replaced the fuel pump from advice from a local Benz mechanic with no luck. I am thinking fuel filter next. any advice would be great!!!! Thank you!
Why post the same question twice????

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/1598874-99-ml-430-problem.html

Sounds like a very typical CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor) failure.
Mike
PLEASE update your User CP profile to include at a very minimum Year, Model and Location so that we can attempt to help you in the future with any questions you may have.
Thanks

·
Registered
05 ML500 SE
1,482 Posts
Yup sounds like a cps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts