Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered a hydraulic fluid leak near the left side of the front end on my 99 SL600. After removing the lower engine cover and cleaning the entire bottom area, I can see the leak coming from the area near the bottom inner left corner of the radiator. Although it’s just a dripping leak, I need to get this repaired soon. Has anyone else had a similar experience and what was the fix? I can see the hydraulic lines running under the radiator, but with everything clean, the leak appears to be coming from the radiator corner. Are there any other lines I need to locate in that general area? Thanks in advance. Danny

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Has to be something to do with the ADS suspension. The leak is probably just running down the outside of a hose and appears to be coming from the radiator.

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
I recently discovered a hydraulic fluid leak near the left side of the front end on my 99 SL600. After removing the lower engine cover and cleaning the entire bottom area, I can see the leak coming from the area near the bottom inner left corner of the radiator. Although it’s just a dripping leak, I need to get this repaired soon. Has anyone else had a similar experience and what was the fix? I can see the hydraulic lines running under the radiator, but with everything clean, the leak appears to be coming from the radiator corner. Are there any other lines I need to locate in that general area? Thanks in advance. Danny
This are your transmission cooling lines.
Easy repair replace both, they are two.
Regards.
aam.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aam..
I noticed the transmission lines (right side radiator) look clean and tight, but the leak in on the left side of the radiator. Hydraulic reservoir for the ADS is a little low so I was wondering what could be leaking? I’ll remove the rest of the inspection panels and trace the lines out. Are there any lines running in front of the radiator? Or behind the shrouding? Hard to pin-point the leak since it’s only a drip once in a while. Leak is still on front (driver's side)..lower radiator. What's the easiest way to bleed the ADS??...thanks..danny

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
aam..
I noticed the transmission lines (right side radiator) look clean and tight, but the leak in on the left side of the radiator. Hydraulic reservoir for the ADS is a little low so I was wondering what could be leaking? I’ll remove the rest of the inspection panels and trace the lines out. Are there any lines running in front of the radiator? Or behind the shrouding? Hard to pin-point the leak since it’s only a drip once in a while. Leak is still on front (driver's side)..lower radiator. What's the easiest way to bleed the ADS??...thanks..danny
1. Clean all around with brake cleaner.
2. When is dry, spray some baby powder.
3. Check the leak location.
4. Then trace where is coming from, and what is it.
Transmission, hydraulic, antifreeze, color ?
Ah. The ADS of course , Nice when it works, pain if it doe's not.
Sorry my friend there is no easy answer, but one $$$, and more $$$.
I have an other car with hydraulic suspension.
Never again.
You bleed it like the brakes, hose in a container, cleaning is a must.
Don't use the old fluid again.
Not for the a mature.
Regards.
aam.
Ps. Use two wrenches when you tight. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts