Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GLE43, 2014 E350, 2011 S550
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experiencing lukewarm air when I try my AC. Dropped at it off at my local indie and he said the AC compressor has seized. No cost estimate yet, should be getting tomorrow.

Any thoughts on costs? He mentioned he will be repricing a rebuilt unit.

·
Registered
E-Class 300 TD 1998, E-Cllass 290 TDi 1996, 601 DKB 1982(207D)
117 Posts
I have been experiencing lukewarm air when I try my AC. Dropped at it off at my local indie and he said the AC compressor has seized. No cost estimate yet, should be getting tomorrow.

Any thoughts on costs? He mentioned he will be repricing a rebuilt unit.
Lukewarm air could also be caused by a defective duovalve, the best way to eliminate cause is to do diagnosis yourself...aided with this link....that is provided that you have a climatronic, whichs allows to read parameters and error-codes. Air Conditioning Diagnosis | EclassBenz.com (you might need to register prior to be able to use it, but this is a matter of a few clicks)

If the compressor needs to be replaced, material compressor 300 Euro(sorry I am from Europe), dryer(reccomendable 60 Euro), Refill of the system(100 Euro). Labor excluded as you might DIY ?

Best Regards,
Ingmar

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be wary if a mechanic that wants to replace your compressor without first doing the AC diagnostics as mentioned before. You may have a leak (and yes the compressor can leak freon too). Do the diagnostics on that eclassbenz web site. Ask him why won't he put the dye in first to look for a leak?

Another thing, my AC blows luke warm air and it's full of freon, no leak. I found out it was either my switch near the drier or the temp control unit. Many variables with AC issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts