Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealer with an issue months ago October and they replaced the rocker arm on the E300. They did a coolant flush and refill and noticed "oil" in the coolant. Head gasket? Honestly it's shown no issues of leaks. Again, I haven't done a test with dye. Most recently the cars been getting in high temperatures of the 90° 92° temperatures. Forgot to mention that's with the AC on coldest climate. Also, recently when it's at a complete downshift from a complete shift, it shifts into first gear and it "jolts" or "bucks". This seems only once in awhile. Thanks if anyone as an idea what these issues are. The ACs getting looked at on Wednesday along with the rest of the car. The AC blows out one side cold (passenger side) and driver side sometimes warm and sometimes moderately cold. Just wanna get an idea before Wednesday.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
you brought up multiple issues that will require many pages of writings and its not a good idea. One issue at a time will be looked at deeply and properly.

1- Seems like your AC is low on refrigerant.
2- Transmission, reset the adaptations and process is in the stickies. If not fixed it, check for oil intrusion in the transmission plug and the module.
3- Oil in the coolant followed by raising coolant temp is a bad news. Should be checked at. Regardless of coolant temp is related or not, oil in the coolant by itself is bad enough and do not like to see oil and coolant temp in one sentence.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1999 E300TD- 18XK Miles; 1984 300SD- 375K Miles (Gone); 1992 300D 253K Miles (Sold); 2005 Tacoma
12 Posts
The coolant could be low, or your duovalve could be sticky.

I'm about to clean mine out. If you look under the hood right in front of the passenger airbag (still under the hood) there is the climate control area. There are two coolant lines leading to a small two part valve. With the ac on (and the drivers side blowing warm or hot) lightly tap on the valve a few times. If within 30 seconds, the drivers side air gets cold, it's probably okay to just clean it out (forums with good instruction can be found all over th W210 section). If that didn't solve it, you may need to replace the valve- roughly a $200 part, pretty to do yourself.

Oil in the coolant is never a good sign. If it's going the other way, coolant will shred your engine very quickly. Get that checked out very quickly. Good luck, I would be very concerned if I saw that in my 99 E300TD....

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,838 Posts
The engine temperatures are priority to address. We drive our diesel with no engine fan and it runs pretty cool even above 100F outside.
Get infra-red thermometer and start troubleshooting.

·
Registered
1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't do much now as it isn't my decision, but the cars getting sold tomorrow. All the hoses were moosh. Not a head gasket, no coolant in the oil. Just oil in the coolant. I do plan on getting her an 163 ML in the future as a surprise after I get my 124...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts