Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 cl500 any advice in finding oem floor mats and seat covers? Thanks for any suggestions I'd like to keep it original or close to original as possible

·
Registered
600 coupe, one of the very first built
209 Posts
For "original" floor mats -- dealer only. There are options for custom-made mats, but they are not going to be cheap, and/or original.
The w140/c140s did not have seat covers from the factory or as an option.
If you mean that your leather is cracked and needs work, and perhaps the seats need "reskinned", I am afraid ebay is your only option.

BTW, welcome to BW! I think you'll get more responses specific to your question if you post on the w140 forum directly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply, yeah I've contacted various dealers and cant seem to find the corresponding color. My mats look ok it's really just the bottoms that are breaking up and leaving a black mess.
And as far as reskinning the seats that's basically refinishing the current seats?

·
Registered
600 coupe, one of the very first built
209 Posts
And as far as reskinning the seats that's basically refinishing the current seats?
Yes, one of the moderators on the w140 forum has done it, and has documented the whole process here:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts