Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know how to get Standing Lights AND DayTimeRunningLights(DTRL)?

My "new" '99 ML320 is a Canadian version. The DTRL work(K9,K13, and K22 are in place) as advertised.
(I'm aware the DTRL is a SWE/NOR/CANadian specific configuration.)

However, the "P" Standing Lights position does not work ... even though ignition is OFF, "P" on stalk, and directional L/R selected. (An owner in SWE, with DTRL, has confirmed that his Standing Lights do NOT work in "P".)

"Noodles" says the MB Dealer computer is required.

Any other thoughts??

I'm just used to having the Standing Light capability.
sparkoda

·
Premium Member
16,765 Posts
Post a short story as to what is the problem.

Did you have DTRLs and lost them, or they weren't working when you got the truck?

If it is a true Canadian model, check to see that relays K5-9-13 & 22 are in place in the underhood fuse/relay box.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Actually they do work..
I noticed they have like a five sec delay before the low beam turns off and goes down to parking light..
I thought you were talking about the way Chevys do.. Turn on half beam when you move the stick away from park...
Am I right here or have I misunderstood the whole thing?
After all I'm a swede and I have a hard time keeping up with all the technical terms here.. LOL

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lenkin08,
Are you kidding me ...? You Swedes have one of the highest standards of living PLUS golf, tennis, x-country and alpine skiing, beautiful blonds , AND Saab and Volvo vehicles.
Hell, I'm still trying to understand "posts", and "threads", etc.
Seriously, I'm talking about the Standing Lamps ... the capability to illuminate ONLY the LEFT (or the RIGHT) front park light and the rear taillight simultaneously. In my owner's manual, it's page 58. Normally used for parking along narrow roadways.
You earlier described the DayLightRunningLights(DTRL) in SWE/NOR/CANadian MBenz vehicles. I agree with your DTRL comment. My Canadian ML has DTRL.
I simply DO NOT have Standing Lamps ... yet. I may have to get the local MB Dealer to "program" my exterior lights.
sparkoda

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL
I'm a Swede that lives here with my (blond of course) Norwegian gf that I met in California where she'd been livin for 20 years.. It's a small world!!!!
Now that I understand I will check it out later today..

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts