Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a noticable rough idle when idling in gear. The ML has had a tune up but still has a mild vibration that I notice, but I am picky about my ML. It has 106k mi.....is there anything common to these that goes bad or needs cleaning?

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
hey, what exactly did you do during the tune up?? some small things you can do is but CRC Mass Air Filter Sensor Cleaner for about $6 and clean up that sensor.just take out the intake case and pop out the part with the sensor and spray both sides about 15 times, used compressed air to dry it and pop it back it. that will increase your fuel economy and maybe fix that idle problem. other things that it could be are a pulley that is out of balance or is wobbling a lot, or even motor mounts

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Noticeable rough idle in gear, symptom..

Rough idle in gear is a common symptom of a dirty MAF.

Especially at this milegae, depnding on your area, I would say quite-quite common.

I would suggest cleaning the MAF yourself using a spray can of MAF cleaner which is under $10 (NOT a carb cleaner and NOT a electronics cleaner) and do a search of this board and you will find this is a very-very EZ DIY.

The other fix, which is more expensive, is a pre-emptive (before a CEL) replacement of the MAF insert or the complete MAF inl. housing.

Again, I would do a thorough MAF cleaning and that "should" eliminate or minimize the problem..

A good number of MB owner's are picky - but there are other trendy goups too like "don't fix it until it breaks" people - welcome to the picky club !

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
A good number of MB owner's are picky - but there are other trendy goups too like "don't fix it until it breaks" people - welcome to the picky club !
lol, i'm more of a picky person. i hear something unusual i want it changed, fixed or looked at. on the other hand my dad is like stop being paranoid and wait for it to go. i just dont wanna be stuck somewhere far and my tranny dies or something, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts