Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you guys have a lot of aspirin around the house ...

My face hurt so much from smiling after finishing my break-in period, I polished off a bottle in two days!<p>Something else to look forward to: <p>your Beast will actually get FASTER as you put miles on it!!! <p>Someone told me that when I got mine, and I thought he was full of it ... but it is absolutely true! (it seems like the suspension and engine loosen up and each becomes more nimble). I've got 4K on mine, and its not the same car I bought at Christmas ... its noticably better (even my wife noticed, and she has no clue when it comes to cars).<p>Enjoy it!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I hope you guys have a lot of aspirin around the house ...

: My face hurt so much from smiling after finishing my break-in period, I polished off a bottle in two days!<p>Something else to look forward to: <p>your Beast will actually get FASTER as you put miles on it!!! <p>Someone told me that when I got mine, and I thought he was full of it ... but it is absolutely true! (it seems like the suspension and engine loosen up and each becomes more nimble). I've got 4K on mine, and its not the same car I bought at Christmas ... its noticably better (even my wife noticed, and she has no clue when it comes to cars).<p>Enjoy it!<p>That is usually true and you should start to see better mileage.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I hope you guys have a lot of aspirin around the house ...

Since I finally got 1000 miles on mine, I did my first 'full throttle' acceleration from a stop light.<p>All I can say is HOLY SH*T is this car fast! I think I've mentioned a few times that I traded in a Corvette (1993 though, 300hp LT1 engine compared to the current 350hp LS1 engine. Of course not counting the 385hp in Z06). This beats it for sure in seat of the pants oomph and would equal it in 0-60. That 391lb/ft of torque is ungodly. I absolutely love getting thrown back in the seat!<p>It is magnified for anyone sitting in the back seat. I found that out when I let a friend drive (I had a few drinks which is the only reason I'd ever let that happen!). He has a Saab 9-5 Aero which he is quite proud of. It was like comparing a Piper cub to a Lear jet.<p>I look forward to getting even more out of it later on. BTW, I'm averaging a little over 18mpg in city driving.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'Piper Cub/ Lear Jet' ... good analogy! ...

----<p>Aaron, I had the exact same 'vette ... mine was red w/red leather (thank G_d my tastes have 'matured'). Great car, but doesn't compare to the utility of the Beast: Limo one minute, and Laws Rocket the next.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Better mileage ? It's too much fun with WOT..

I don't think I'll see any improvement in my mileage LOL. =)<p>Vince

1 - 7 of 7 Posts